Jewel - BA Balcony vs AG Mini-Suite?

get_whet

I've been watching the prices on our 9/4 cruise and they have just added AG Mini-Suites to the list of options (11636, 11134, and 11136). We are currently in a Deck 10 Aft Balcony and I'm wondering if it's worth the extra $80 per person to go up to the AE mini-suite? Seems like the priority boarding would be nice, but I've read that the wind on the balcony will be worse on the sides of the ship which is why we got an Aft. Thanks for the help in advance!! :)

I've been watching the prices on our 9/4 cruise and they have just added AG Mini-Suites to the list of options (11636, 11134, and 11136). We are currently in a Deck 10 Aft Balcony and I'm wondering if it's worth the extra $80 per person to go up to the AE mini-suite? Seems like the priority boarding would be nice, but I've read that the wind on the balcony will be worse on the sides of the ship which is why we got an Aft. Thanks for the help in advance!! :)

I would not give up a aft BA for a Mini-suite. You do not get any suite perks with a mini-suite, it is just a deluxe balcony in all reality. If you have more than 2 people (ie kids or another adult) then the curtain that seperates the bed area from the sitting area and the bathtub are nice in the mini....but it would still be hard to give up the aft balcony. Your balcony on 10 aft will be much larger than the balcony with the mini.

Its a matter of choice. Do you want a bigger room or a bigger balcony?

If it was me, I would go for the bigger room. It's really whatever is important to you.

Thanks

It really is all about choice. We went with the bigger balcony because we use it so much. We have aft cabin 10668 which has the larger balcony that has the regular chairs, as well as loungers. The mini suites do have nice storage though. We just couldn't justify the extra $$$ for practically the same thing. No kids, so we actually prefer the shower only that comes with balcony cabin. Enjoy - whatever you decide! :)

Archived