Confused about balcony cabins on the Pride?

Perhaps it is the late evening hour or I've just been looking at the computer screen too much tonight, but I can't figure out the balcony cabins on the Pride?!?!?!

We have cruised on the Glory several years ago in a regular balcony cabin (8288 to be exact) and really enjoyed the views. We are now considering the Bahamas cruise on the Pride and would once again like to enjoy the views from the balcony.

I see regular balcony rooms, extended balcony rooms, and premium balcony rooms. I understand that the extended balcony rooms simply have a larger balcony and that the premium balcony rooms have a little bit more room inside. Is that correct or am I just confusing myself even more? In looking at the deck plans, it looks like there are only 2 premium cabins on each deck (with those on Deck 5 having an obstructed view) and that these cabins are right near the elevator....but I'm not sure that I'm right about that either???

We have finally convinced my parents to try a cruise and they would like something a little bit more than a regular balcony cabin, but don't want a suite as they think that is too expensive. So I've been trying to figure this out tonight! I need to have something to tell my parents by tomorrow so we can get the ball rolling on this!

Can you help me figure out the balcony cabins???????

THANKS!!!

We stayed in an extended balcony on the Pride and really liked it. The bit of extra space on the balcony made it much easier to move around and we spent a lot of time out there. Neither of us noticed if the room was a bit smaller.

Thanks Katt....does the extended balcony mean that the room is smaller? I think my parents would prefer a bit more space in the room than on the balcony.

I felt we had plenty of room on the Glory....but then again, that was when it was just us...now we will have our 3 year old son with us!

the 'premium balcony' rooms are real oddballs on spirit class ships like the pride ;)

you're correct, there are only 2 premium balconies on each deck... i'd advise not to book deck 5 as they're partially obstructed... they're classified as category 9a (deck 5 obstructed) and 9B...

normal balcony cabins are 185 sq ft inside, with a 35 sq ft balcony = 220 sq ft total...

the 'extended' balcony cabins are 185 sq ft inside, with a 60 sq ft balcony = 245 sq ft... no, the inside of the cabin is not smaller, the balcony is just larger (it extends out further than the standard balconies adjacent to them)...

the 'aft' balcony cabins are also 185 sq ft inside, with a 60 sq ft balcony = 245 sq ft... but note, that the rail will slope a bit at the aft, so some of the space is not entirely useable...

the 9a/9b 'premium' balcony cabins are 230 sq ft inside, with 85 sq ft balcony = 315 sq ft total... so they're definitely a tad larger, and just short of a suite...

for contrast to a suite... OS suites are 275/85 sq ft, GS are 300/115 , VS are 245/220 sq ft. and they're definitely more pricey :)

i'm not sure what price difference you're seeing for the 'premium' 9a/b cabins, but they do have just a little bit extra space...

hope that helps :D

Falkcor/Mark thanks for the info. That is exactly what I was looking for and very helpful! I also have to thank you for the excellent trip report you did on the Pride....it's one of the reasons we are looking at the cruise.

We are seeing about 150-200 price difference for the premium balconys. Not sure if it's worth it, but my parents would prefer just a wee bit more room. With these being located right next to the elevators....anyone know if that causes a noise issue?

dolphinwyo thanks for the link...I'll check it out tomorrow when I'm not quite so tired.

Falkcor/Mark thanks for the info. That is exactly what I was looking for and very helpful! I also have to thank you for the excellent trip report you did on the Pride....it's one of the reasons we are looking at the cruise.

We are seeing about 150-200 price difference for the premium balconys. Not sure if it's worth it, but my parents would prefer just a wee bit more room. With these being located right next to the elevators....anyone know if that causes a noise issue?

you're very welcome, and welcome again! i'm so glad that my review was helpful to you, and i love to hear that my feedback has helped give people the info they need to book a cruise on the carnival pride :D

in my opinion - 150-200 is not a bad deal... especially compared to the price difference to an OS, at only 45 inside sq ft larger, with the same size balcony... and if they do want a bit more space, then i'd say it's a good investment for them...

our rooms were 2-5 in from the elevators (we had 3 rooms) and none of us ever noticed any noise at all... that's a little different than the 9a/b situation, but if you think about it - i don't think they'd put a 'premium' room, in a very noisy location ;)

possibility of perhaps a little more foot traffic but personally, i never heard any real noise from the corridor (except announcements)

i wouldn't be overly concerned, and it sure would be convenient.

good luck! :cool:

Thanks bjfitz0703....I am hoping for Deck 7 as I don't want to be right below where all the action is but also don't want to be too low.

In looking at Carnivals site, it seems that there are only about 4 of the premium balcony cabins available right now but there seem to be plenty of suites, which kind of has me worried. My parents aren't quite ready to commit. We shall see what happens!

Archived