white water rafting

docboy88

Going to Costa Rica in June on the Carnival Freedom and need some help

has anyone done white water rafting Costa Rica?

with who? looking into (okey dokey, greenway so far)

what rivers did you raft?

is it save from children 7 &10?

Did you have time to do anything else after rafting?

any info would help

Thanks

We did whitewater rafting the other week in Costa Rica. We did it through a tour sponsored by the ship. I am pretty sure we went down the Reventazon River. It was about a 45 minute bus ride from Limon to the start of the rafting. Overall it was a very good excursion. The river was relatively tame and nothing too outrageous in terms of rapids and such. For a 7 and 10 year old, it would likely work. We were in helmets and lifejackets that are designed to turn you on your back if you go in the water. After the tour we had lunch at the base camp before returning to Limon. We did have about 45 minutes to shop in Limon afterwards. There was not much else around the base camp.

• 2 months later...

Just booked with Eduardo at your lucky tours excellent customer service already. Eduardo is great, he personalized a tour just for us. So excited. He does offer white water rafting, and has excellent references. yourluckytour.com

• 4 weeks later...

We did a combo white water rafting and ziplining trip with Oscar Brown, which included lunch. Totally fantastic. He hires a group on a more active river that makes for a really fun ride. The zipline was a blast and lunch was terrific. We had a 7 year old in our group and she seemed fine.

• 3 weeks later...

I've read some mixed things here regarding the difficulty of the rapids. Most of the websites say the rapids are in the class III-IV range whereas some of the reviews on here seem to suggest otherwise. I'm aware a lot of the experience has to do with amount of rain and other factors... but for those of you experienced ww rafters, how would you say these rivers are.

If it helps at all we've done a number of class IIs-IVs in Maryland and West Virginia and are looking for something on the higher end.

Also do you have any suggestions where to go?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking to hear from anyone who's done the white water rafting in Costa Rica. Were not sialing until next July but I'm trying to get an idea if the rafting is worth it. I usually raft in Maine in either late summer/fall or early spring so I'm use to the bigger water releases. I've seem some posts that say the water Class is about Class III would most that have done this in the past say thats correct? Thanks for your help

Rich

Archived