Rccl vs ccl

Hello,

After two cruises with Carnival, we wanted to try the Mariner before she leaves West Coast. The last time we cruise with RCCL it was way back in 2005, so I don't remember if they have the following like CCL. These are a few perks they have in CCL and I am wondering if it is the same with RCCL.

1. Bathroom robe in the room

2. Two beach towels for port use.

3. Toiletries like toothpaste, razor ( no biggie if RCCL don't have it, we can pack it).

4. Self service laundry room (so we can pack less)

5. Tea time on seaday.

6. Behind the ship tour (it is not free on CCL, it is $ 95 per person. I would love to tour the Mariner)

Thank you,

Tibbie

Hello,

After two cruises with Carnival, we wanted to try the Mariner before she leaves West Coast. The last time we cruise with RCCL it was way back in 2005, so I don't remember if they have the following like CCL. These are a few perks they have in CCL and I am wondering if it is the same with RCCL.

1. Bathroom robe in the room

2. Two beach towels for port use.

3. Toiletries like toothpaste, razor ( no biggie if RCCL don't have it, we can pack it).

4. Self service laundry room (so we can pack less)

5. Tea time on seaday.

6. Behind the ship tour (it is not free on CCL, it is $ 95 per person. I would love to tour the Mariner)

Thank you,

Tibbie

1.Yes for C&A members. Otherwise I think you have to ask for them

2. Yes , or you could get them from the pool deck

3.No, just shampoo and the like

4.None on RCL , on some cruises they do have the $20 a bag special.

5.Don't know

6.Yes if your a diamond member and then it's free on some RCL ships.

Hello,

1. Bathroom robe in the room- if you are Platinum or higher in the C&A Society or are booked in a suite, there should be robes. If you aren't yet Platinum or in a suite, ask your room steward and, if there are some available, he or she may be able to get them for you.

2. Two beach towels for port use.- You will either find them in your stateroom or at the pool. If at the pool you will need to have your seapass card swiped and will need to return them at the end of your cruise or pay

$20 per towel. You can use them at the pool or off the ship. Just make sure that you return them at the end of your cruise.

3. Toiletries like toothpaste, razor ( no biggie if RCCL don't have it, we can pack it). No toothpaste or razors, but soap, body lotion, and a shampoo dispenser in the shower.

4. Self service laundry room (so we can pack less)- no self-service laundries on any RCI ships. Laundry service is quick and relatively reasonable.

5. Tea time on seaday.- no formal tea time, but there are snacks,including scones and other pastries available in the afternoon in the Windjammer

6. Behind the ship tour (it is not free on CCL, it is $ 95 per person. I would love to tour the Mariner)- if you are Diamond Plus or in a suite, you may receive invitations to free bridge tours, galley tours, and/or a backstage theater tour. The latter two tours are sometimes offered to all passengers. Check the daily Cruise Compass for day and time, or ask at the Guest Services desk.

Thank you,

Tibbie

I think you will find more similarities than differences between the two lines. Enjoy your Mariner cruise.

I don't think you automatically become a C&A member after your first cruise. Since you have sailed on RCL before you can go to their website and sign up there. There's not much as far as perks, but you will get a coupon book (Gold level) in your cabin for use on board.

Archived