All Inclusive vs Cruises

rmc20

I am also looking at doing an all inclusive. I would like to feel a bit more relaxed after vacation. We love cruising but looking at something different this time around. My only issue is trying to get a room in Mexico that has wheelchair accessbility in the room. Anyone out there have experience?

We have been to Aventura Spa Palace in Riveria Maya three times. It is wonderful. It has to be the cleanest place I have ever seen. The staff is so friendly and helpful. Breakfast is only buffet, lunch is buffet or the grill, but there are 6 restaurnts for dinner and only one is a buffet. The food is not gournet, but it is very good and there are lots of selelctions and the service is great. One of the big things we like about this palce is there is a manmade lagoon so the water is calm as could be. The beach area is very big, plus two pools so it never seems crowded.

This past November we went to Secrets Excellence for the day soon after it opened. Absolutely beautiful. The restaurants seemed to be one step up. The only thing we didn not like was the beach was very rocky and too rough for me.

Oh, the other thing about both these places is it's ADULTS ONLY. We didn't realize how much we would enjoy that until we were there. Our son and his fiance are going splitting their honeymoon between both places for two weeks.

WE normally do one cruise a year and then go there. It's very relaxing, with no time schedules. A nice change of pace.

I am also looking at doing an all inclusive. I would like to feel a bit more relaxed after vacation. We love cruising but looking at something different this time around. My only issue is trying to get a room in Mexico that has wheelchair accessbility in the room. Anyone out there have experience?

Your best bet would be to call the properties direct! At Moon Palace, the rooms were huge with plenty of open are but you would need a ground floor room in one of the closer buildings. I am sure they could help you with that. The staff was wonderful and couldn't do enough to help all the way from the front desk down.

Lorraine, we backed off on Aventura after reading some mediocre reviews on tripadvisor but now you have me started again. I'm thinking adults only would be perfect for us. It is not that we mind children but that there tend to be so many of them.

Donna,

Ihave to tell you, we have recommended it to many people and no one has been disappointed. They do try to sell you a timeshare, butif you tell them no upfront, they don't bother you again. I would rather book everything on my own and not worry about trading weeks, etc.

Archived