CSA Insurance Does NOT Cover Oil Spill

Excuse me, but why are you assuming that the oil spill will affect you? Has your cruise been cancelled?

If the cruise is cancelled, you will get your money back - the cruise fare, at least. You would have a claim against the oil company for any other losses.

The insurance companies can only insure against specific known events. No one expected an oil spill to occur, so it was not included in the policies.

In the future, policies will likely offer oil spill coverage, and the premiums will rise according to the risk.

In the future, trip insurance policies will most likely offer volcanic eruption coverage, as well, and the premiums will rise according to the risk. In the future, trip insurance policies will most likely offer earthquake coverage as well, and the premiums will rise according to the risk. In the future, trip insurance companies will most likely offer tsunami coverage as well, and premiums will rise according to risk. Ad infinitum.

Trip insurance IMO is more to cover medical. If you get sick and can't go or need medical attention on board. I wouldn't hold my breath on them paying if Carnival changes things up due to something beyond their control.

Fantasy is looking like it could use a good scrubbing on the outside anyway. The funnel sure needs a fresh coat of paint.[/quote]

Her funnel was repainted two weeks ago during my cruise, looks great. Nice and red.:D

Thanks for doing that...I will pay particular attention next week!!! :)

Archived