Pools salt or fresh water?

sdmike

Since salt water tends to be more corrosive than fresh I was hoping that the new water slides would prompt them to desalinate the water to save on equipment. Here's hoping. :)

I did a quick search but only got posts on the spa. Anyone know if the pools are salt or fresh water?

Last summer on the Jewel, we were told by a senior staff member that NCL bases the decision on water quality in the area. He said normally Caribbean routes use salt water in the pool, but the Baltic cruise we were on was fresh because of water quality issues. So I think the answer is never carved in stone, but is based on water conditions.

Hope that helps,

Since salt water tends to be more corrosive than fresh I was hoping that the new water slides would prompt them to desalinate the water to save on equipment. Here's hoping. :)

You did not ask about the slides but rather pools. The water on the slides on the Pearl and Gem was in fact fresh water even when the pools were filled with salt water. None of the slide water goes into the pools.

You did not ask about the slides but rather pools. The water on the slides on the Pearl and Gem was in fact fresh water even when the pools were filled with salt water. None of the slide water goes into the pools.

The hottubs also use fresh water. I hate it bcause of the chlorine smell though.

Archived