Any tours combing rays + turtle farm?

heavenlysea

Does anyone know of tour that combines snorkeling with the rays and going to the turtle farm?

How far is the turtle farm from the docks? It is an expensive taxi ride? Is it worth seeing?

Any help would be appreciated.

We went on an excursion with Captain Marvin in 2006 to the stingrays and then a tour afterwards of the turtle farm, hell, and a rum cake bakery. It was very interesting to see the turtles, but it was pouring rain, and all the exhibits were outdoors. Needless to say we were very rushed. We did enjoy it, and its not far from the pier,maybe 15-20 minutes there. On the way back though traffic was very slow so make sure to allow plenty of time to get back. I would recommend Captain Marvin's, it was nice to be in a small group, get to the stingrays first, and have more interaction with them. Have a good time!

I booked this excursion directly through Carnival. It's much cheaper to do it as a tour than to do everything on your own and have to pay for transportation as well. It was about $75 and I was on a comfortable van with about 8 other people. We went first to a liquor store to buy some local rum. Our second stop was to hell, where we took pictures and sent a postcard home postmarked from hell. Next we went to the turtle farm and spent about an hour and a half there. It may have been a little longer if it was not raining. Then we were transported to our ferry to take us out to the stingray sand bar. It was about a 30 minute ride, and we spent another hour, maybe a little more, in the water before our ride back to the cruise ships. We got back in plenty of time to do some shopping. There were some independent tour companies there at the port if you did not have an excursion already booked. I don't know how much they cost, but I felt ok paying what I paid. Each place was a pretty good distance from the other, so I can't imagine how much a cab ride would have cost.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived