Has anyone ever gone to the Jaguar Rescue Center?

cruisin zonies

Really great review mpcaruth! Love the pictures!

Fletch101- because it's a rescue center you never know what you're going to see there, the jaguars are not very common from what I understand. But the monkeys and sloths are fabulous. I heard there were toucans not too long ago. You can kinda keep up with their newest additions on their FB page. Tiny Tiny is the latest baby sloth in residence. It is about the size of the palm of one's hand.

Any new reviews for the JRC? I love to read everyone's adventures. Has anyone done the JRC and Canal and how did that go time wise?

Really great review mpcaruth! Love the pictures!

Fletch101- because it's a rescue center you never know what you're going to see there, the jaguars are not very common from what I understand. But the monkeys and sloths are fabulous. I heard there were toucans not too long ago. You can kinda keep up with their newest additions on their FB page. Tiny Tiny is the latest baby sloth in residence. It is about the size of the palm of one's hand.

Any new reviews for the JRC? I love to read everyone's adventures. Has anyone done the JRC and Canal and how did that go time wise?

Renata, thanks for the info. I just spoke to JJ and we are going to set-up our excursion with him. I also took your advice and am planning on bringing along some powered goats milk to give to the center. We are looking forward to a great time. Thanks again. :)

Joe

• 1 month later...

Can't agree with everyone enough. The Jaguar Rescue Center was absolutely amazing. The monkeys were so much fun to hold and interact with. The sloths were babies and so neat. Although you weren't able to hold them you were very close them. We had a great trip with JJ tours. JJ made our excursion the best of the trip. Don't hesitate to use JJ.

• 2 months later...
Our big thing was being able to have direct hands-on contact with the baby animals and that's why we chose JRC.

This is exactly what I want, It's my life long dream. Did you or anyone reading this have any hands on contact with any of the cats? I am a cat FREAK and I have always wanted to pet, hug, kiss ,ANYTHING when it comes to big cats!!! hahaha :D

Also, has anyone been in December?? Do you think there will be any babies in December?? Babaies are a huge plus but that's okay if there aren't any there ;)

• 1 month later...
This is exactly what I want, It's my life long dream. Did you or anyone reading this have any hands on contact with any of the cats? I am a cat FREAK and I have always wanted to pet, hug, kiss ,ANYTHING when it comes to big cats!!! hahaha :D

We got to get close to the Margay. Encar took him out of his cage and he was right by us but this is what their website says about him now:

"Diavolino is a Margay who was brought to us after someone shot his mum and was trying to sell him as a pet. He was fed only bread and coffee and then was confiscated and brought to the center. He’s a little “devil” and if he was allowed his hobby would be to eat all of the animals in the center as well as some of the tourists."

HAHA, funny right? So you might only be able to look at this little guy. I would've loved to have been there when Xai got there...(little bambi) :D

JRC2.jpg.33a80f3c20199b160ef7a538e3b3404d.jpg

JRC1.jpg.33a20c063cd3dfc07c890f018152b00f.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
yes, I have gone there and the experience was great, you get to see all the animals you can imagine from a country like Costa Rica there.

We just returned from our cruise today and I have to say that the Jaguar Rescue Center was the highlight of our cruise. It was such an amazing experience. The play therapy with the monkeys was unbelievable! The staff was great and I would highly recommend this place to anyone!

Archived