Bougainvillea Beach Resort

dc&bc

My wife, 16 yr old daughter and I will be in Barbados for a day with our cruise on the Destiny in March. We would like to spend the day at the Bougainvillea Beach Resort and wanted to know if anyone has been there and about their experience. :rolleyes: Thanks...

My wife and I stayed at Bougainvillea for the Thanksgiving week 2004. It is actually two hotels ( Bougainvillea Hotel & Sand Acres Hotel ) with two seperate beaches. In my opinion the beach in front of Bougainvillea was the best. There is a restaurant, pool with a swim-up bar, lounge chairs, palapas and both non and motorized water sports. The non motorized were free. Get there early to be sure of getting a palapa. It is a wonderful family oriented atmosphere. You can walk quite far to the north on the beach. I believe I saw a sign somewhere on the property indicating that day passes for the beach were available. Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...
I believe I saw a sign somewhere on the property indicating that day passes for the beach were available. Hope this helps.

Is this beach space owned by Bougainvilla resort? Does this resort allow cruise ship passengers to use their beach/pools/restaurants, etc just for the day, without actually booking a room?

Is this beach space owned by Bougainvilla resort? Does this resort allow cruise ship passengers to use their beach/pools/restaurants, etc just for the day, without actually booking a room?

Yes, it does allow cruise passengers to stay for the day. Found the info at this website:

http://www.cruisebarbados.com/barbados_activity.cfm?ID=107

Hope it is a great place to spend the day.

Just posted a what to do in Barbados thread but think I might have wasted my time. Thanks for this info it looks like it's right up our alley. Does anyone know what to expect in cab fare? Also, was there snorkeling and if so, is it any good?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Archived