Got the Upsell call. not sure what to do

WOW! Now Im REALLY excited! Thanks everyone!

Our ship is the NCL JEwel out of NYC on may 8th. This will be my 5th NCL cruise and our last (NCL Gem) wasn't as great as my previous so I was a little concerned that NCL was going down hill. I still have some worries but hopefully this room will soften any blows. LOL

I forgot to mention that they also upgraded my mom who we had an adjoining room with. She now had a Penthouse too! So we got 2 rooms ($500.00) each.

Good upsell, you will enjoy the cabin.

Now as for what Lee says tipping for both rooms not cabins, just don't let your baby order room service(butler) or use the concierge for dinner reservations. Kids under 2 are not charged the $12 per day cabin charge, I'm sure you will be taking care of the child not your butler or concierge.

Just saying.

We had an AB on our last cruise, just the 2 of us and had all kinds of room, and we did only tip for the 2 of us the the 2 rooms.

Just have to be confrontational don"t you? :rolleyes:

The OP is talking about having 2 cabins/rooms not one. Personally I just wanted to advise what would be expected so there were no surprises at the end. Whether YOU tip or not, I don't care.;)

Traveller- WHats you offer for? what room do u have and what are they offering?

Im now kicking myself that I didnt bargain bec we got an upsell for my mom and us. We both had mini suites and we upsold to PEnhouses for 500 each room. I didnt know i could bargain. now i feel bad bec i think i could have negotiated. GRRRR....

Traveller- WHats you offer for? what room do u have and what are they offering?

Im now kicking myself that I didnt bargain bec we got an upsell for my mom and us. We both had mini suites and we upsold to PEnhouses for 500 each room. I didnt know i could bargain. now i feel bad bec i think i could have negotiated. GRRRR....

Don't second guess yourself. You did great. No regrets.

Traveller--

Wait. im confused! are they offering you the same deal I got but for more $? we went from an AF mini suite to an AB Penthouse and it was $500 for the entire room.

Why is yours $700?

My first thought was NO WAY bec $500.00 is a lot. then i thoguht about it and figured it might be worth it bec i have a baby and might be spending a lot of time in my room. Ive also never had a Penthouse before and the people on the boards seemed to think it was a good deal. Maybe I should have haggled bec we also upsold my moms room for $500 as well.

Its a hard decision but we never really like the excursions and were planning on doing Atlantis for 400 for the day so we did this instead of wasting money on Atlantis for a couple of hours. we decided just to do the Day rate at the BRisitsh Colonial Hilton and use the pool and beach for 50 dollars per person instead.

have fun whatever you do!

In order to know if pricing is the same for an offer you would also have to know the original price someone paid for a cabin. If for instance I paid $699 per person and the upsell is for $899, but someone else paid $749 and got the same offer extra amount due would be different for each of us. Since the prices can change regularly it is hard to know what someone else paid originally.

Now I just wish they would offer us an upsell from our oceanview to a balcony cabin. There were at last count 45 empty balcony cabins on the website and only 18 more days to sailing. Those same cabins have been showing available for over 6 weeks now. No suites left for three people so no luck there, also can't believe they had no balcony cabins for 4 people.

they just took more $ off, it would be only $250 more per person for the penthouse:eek::eek::eek:

She's trying to get ahold of the other 2 people..not sure they can pay more.

Wow. This is kind of nerve wracking not knowing LOL

I would do it! If you've never stayed in a suite, you'll love it!:) That sounds like a very good deal -- take it!

Archived