Jalousie beach

rosalee31

I really want to go to this beach, but I am hearing it is very hard to get onto the beach unless you sign up for a tour. There are only two people in my party and a lot of the tours say there is a 4 person minimum.

I really did not want to do the Cosol tour because I am not interested in the other parts of the tour.

Is there anyone else that is going to be on the Carnival Victory and ported in St Lucia on May 13th?

I am pretty sure our boat docks in Castries. Can you get a water taxi to Jalousie beach from there?

Thanks!!!!

I was also considering Jalousie Beach, but have now decided against going there. I did find someone to take us via water taxi at a cost of $40 per person. This wasn't too bad. The fee at Jalousie Plantation was $50 per person which includes use of chairs, umbrellas, non-motorized water activities, and $25 towards the purchase of food. I didn't think this was too bad.

Frank's Taxi and Tour got back to me and said this:

The cost for two persons to jalousie beach is $120 USD for the two. I will give you guys a taxi ride to Soufiere and then take a water taxi to Jalousie.

I then asked him these questions...so we will see what he has to say.

How much time will we be at Jalousie Beach?

Also when you drop us off at Jalousie Beach are there public restrooms for us to use and restaurants to eat at?

Thanks for responding....

We just did the beach as part of our tour with Cosol. I would NOT pay $120 for this beach, even under the assumption that this lets you us the resorts amenities. It wasn't all that nice. Scenery was nice but not $120 nice.

There was a public restroom and the resort does have a restaurant.

Also, if you aren't interested in Cosol's tour, definitely don't sign up just to go to this beach. Though it was a great tour, it was a very loooong day and we only got an hour at the beach.

Good luck! :)

I just googled taxi from cruise ports to Jalousie beach and got this:

Finding a Taxi in St Lucia is easy. Please decide the fare with the driver before the trip starts to avoid further problems. You may even negotiate a Full Island Tour is the price is right. will give that a try

:(From the looks of things, I think St. Lucia day will be a ship day for us! there are 6 of us, and all of the excursions are so cost prohibitive at this point! :(

St. Lucia is the reason we take this particular cruise! Jalouise Beach is beautiful. Besides that you're on the intercontinental shelf with fantastic snorkeling just 10 ft from the beach! We have booked a private tour with Spencer. We've toured with him before. He's a great guy. I'll try to post a picture. I promise you, you won't regret it!

766357993_232323232fp43234_nu3233_6_8_233_23246_832467ot1lsi.jpg.43ee391245845a5d37e36a85923e427f.jpg

I toured with Cosol. OMG, what a great tour! The snorkeling at Jalousie was awesome! The Pitons were so beautiful. Wished we could have stayed longer at the beach, but I wouldn't have missed his tour for anything. For me seeing all parts of the island, as well as going to a beach is a great way to go.

Archived