Cruise Diector for Jewel leaving May 8th out of NYC?

Curious if anyone knows who it will be?

I have to say my first cruise (the Maden VOyage of the NCL Dawn) spoiled me because we had a CD named COllin who was Scottish. He was HISTERICAL a nd every CD after that paled in comparison. ANyone ever cruise with him?

Anyway, I really did not enjoy a woman we had on the Gem 2 years ago named Julie. SHe wasnt terrible, just MIA and basically not exciting.

I didnt realize how a CD could make or break your cruise experience but they can!!

Would love any info on the CD for this cruise and staff. HEard John Ohara is on board. very cool!

C

I was on the repo from Miami to new York a few weeks ago. Great cruise. But, the cruise director Iain Bragshaw was just bad. Hopefully you will have another one. Only thing he did was trying as much as an airline captain in all his announcements.

I was on the repo from Miami to new York a few weeks ago. Great cruise. But, the cruise director Iain Bragshaw was just bad. Hopefully you will have another one. Only thing he did was trying as much as an airline captain in all his announcements.

YIKES!! :eek:

Iain is a really nice guy, but he comes off a bit flat on the public persona side. I met him at the CC Meet & Greet and he never failed to greet me by name when we ran into each other on the ship or in the Garden Cafe. He's from the Manchester, England area and likes to tell bad jokes, so print up some of your cheesiest ones and give them to him when you meet him.

WOW! that SUCKS! I swear, NCL needs to have Colin train the new CD's.

ANyone know what ship hes on now?

Im sad our CD will sucks AGAIN!

What an optimist. :rolleyes: Just because one poster didn't like him, doesn't mean you automatically won't. Ian might just be your cup of tea.

We were on the 4/24 Jewel cruise and enjoyed Iain as the CD. He is pleasant and personable.

I, too, was on this cruise and enjoyed Iain. He was always visible and friendly. He had alot of activities going, even on shore days. I enjoyed him and have had much worse. Give him a chance.

Carolyn

Collin was the best! I still remember how he claimed that no one ever came to his napkin folding class and so when we showed up there were about a hundred people all trying to find a table to make a napkin speedo and chicken... which i still remember how to do even 6 years later! He was definitely the funniest!

Never had Ian as CD but I'm sure he's fine.. the cruise director doesn't make or break the cruise for me.

That is the problem with having great whatever...CD, hotel director, concierge or butler. We enjoy them so much for their expertise but find their shoes hard to fill.

Ian was enjoyable and friendly ...not a raving personality but certainly open and pleasant. Enjoy him for who he is not by the standards of another.

We had Colin Kerr on our 2nd cruise. It was the first one for our young-adult age kids, and they thoroughly enjoyed him. We still laugh when we the way he used to say something about "Colin, this is the captain speaking. Please come to the bridge". I don't even remember what context he used it for -- but we still repeat that phrase and laugh whenever we think about him.

I, too, was on this cruise and enjoyed Iain. He was always visible and friendly. He had alot of activities going, even on shore days. I enjoyed him and have had much worse. Give him a chance.

Carolyn

I really thought Iain did a good job. Seemed to be really enjoying his job & able to put himself out there for a good laugh. Opinions always vary. On Carnival boards people rave about John Herald. I wasn't impressed at all.

The entire entertainment staff on the Jewel is good. As a general proposition I'm not a big fan of CD's. The one we had on the Jewel in Janaury was fine in person but too over the top for my tastes when he was doing his job. The assistant CDs espcially Dan & Chat are delightful. Also the Hotel Director, John O'Hara is so wonderful, he can more than make up for a less than fabuous CD.

Archived