Possible upgrade because next door to suite?

juneday

I read somewhere on these threads that if your stateroom is located next to a suite Celebrity can bump you up without telling you,if they need the access to/from suite. Is that correct? it's the not asking that is concerning me if this were to happen.

All replies appriciated

I read somewhere on these threads that if your stateroom is located next to a suite Celebrity can bump you up without telling you,if they need the access to/from suite. Is that correct? it's the not asking that is concerning me if this were to happen.

All replies appriciated

Cruise lines can always bump you up without asking unless you specifically have "no upgrades accepted" in your reservation. If you do not wish to be bumped, contact your travel agent (or the cruise line itself if you booked through them) to have this noted in your reservation.

First of all, I don't believe they can bump you to a lower class, but could move you to a different cabin in the same class or upgrade you. I assume your concern is about getting moved to a cabin that, to you, is less desirable. If you simply don't want to give up your present cabin under any circumstances, take Gonzo70's advice and add "Do Not Upgrade" to your reservation.

I recently had posted a thread regarding my concern about possibly being bumped against our will to an M-class CS with no balcony. I found out from Celebrity that it's possible to add a condition to the "Do Not Upgrade" note in your reservation, such as "Do Not Upgrade to a CS". It may be possible to add a condition such as "Call for approval before upgrade." That way, you don't miss out on the possibility of a "good" upgrade, but you have the opportunity to decline a "bad" upgrade. I don't know for sure if the "call first" condition is possible or not, but you might want to call X, then call your TA (if you have one) to set this up.

I can see where Celebrity might be reluctant to do this. If they have to wait until they can contact the pax in cabin 1123 to see if they want to move to 1456 so they can free it up for someone currently in 1789, and so on, it could get complicated quickly. Either that or you could get passed up for a nice upgrade because they couldn't reach you right away. Maybe you'd be better off giving a list of cabins you would either accept an upgrade to or a list of ones that you would not, whichever's shorter.

It may be possible to add a condition such as "Call for approval before upgrade." .

I asked for that very thing when I made my last reservation, and after asking me to hold for a few minutes, was told it was then in place, so it does seem that can be done. I do agree with you that I might miss out on an upgrade because I can't be contacted, or maybe they pass me over for someone without a restriction to avoid the hassle, but I'd rather have that than an "upgrade" to a less-desirable cabin that I can't decline.

Archived