Snorkeling Tips and Locations

Karlie1

I just stumbled onto this site. For all of us 1st timers, it shows( Click )pictures, maps and reviews of 13 different snorkel sites. Google; Snorkeling tips and Locations(Island Marketing). or http://caymanislandsdiscounts.com/Offshore Snorkeling.htm

Has anyone snorkeled West Bay Turtle Farm ? It looks great!

Does the Public Bus take you to Turtle Farm?:)

The snorkel site at the Turtle farm is located at the Cracked Conch restaurant and is actually accessible from MacaBuca bar's patio deck. The site is really more of a mini-wall dive site, but the snorkeling there is OK. There are sometimes larger schools of reef fish in the shallow sections before the mini-wall. The water is about 40 ft deep over the mini-wall, so unless you free dive you're really will not see to much in up close and personal detail. There are large tarpon that hang out by one of the wall's outcroppings and it is neat to watch the divers below happen upon them. I try to hit the site at least once on my visits to GC. Plus, we really like relaxing out on MacaBuca's patio for a snorkel and then lunch. Their cracked conch is excellent, as is the brisket.

The #1 or #2 mini-van buses on the West Bay (WB) - George Town (GT) route will get you there. Just tell the driver where you are going.

Archived