Jolly Rodger or Silver Moon II?

pjajatt

We will have a group of 20 adults that like to have a GREAT time! I am trying to find information on some type of "Party Boat" snorkel trip. Can anyone give their advice or opinions on which excursion would be the best. We will be traveling on the Dawn in April. Thanks for all the help.

Pam

I actually received a quote for 20 on the Silver Moon II. Don't they have more than one boat? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

They have 2 cat's one holds 12 the other 18. You can have up to 40 on Silver Moon II as a charter. They really arent set up as party boats, no band,rope swings,limbo or drinking contests.

I'm just back from the Silver Moon 2 and I highly recommend it. Our group of 13 plus 2 other folks we didn't know had a blast. No, there is no limbo or rope swings but if you want an extremely friendly crew to wait on you hand and foot aboard a very clean gorgeous cat the Silver Moon 2 is for you. They served us a fabulous meal, excellent rum punch or any other drink you would want, plus desert on the way back to the dock. This day was one of the highlights of our trip and we're so glad we didn't miss it! Good luck!

I'm just back from the Silver Moon 2 and I highly recommend it. Our group of 13 plus 2 other folks we didn't know had a blast. No, there is no limbo or rope swings but if you want an extremely friendly crew to wait on you hand and foot aboard a very clean gorgeous cat the Silver Moon 2 is for you. They served us a fabulous meal, excellent rum punch or any other drink you would want, plus desert on the way back to the dock. This day was one of the highlights of our trip and we're so glad we didn't miss it! Good luck!

Yes! They are great!! Did you have Trish on your Cat? She is so sweet! I just didnt want pjajatt to get the wrong idea about Silver Moon. I felt like, I was sailing with family. They will truly spoil you with attention. Wish I could go back.

Liberty,

No we didn't have Trish on ours, we had Timothy, Shawn, Nick and Melissa. She was a real sweetie! The guys were all great too, always smiling and very polite and friendly not to mention cute :D

I hope to go back someday and take my son next time. We had such a great day...it truly was heavenly.

If anyone has any good pics of the Silver Moon II I'd love to see them. I never thought to take any once we were done that day and I'd like to have one for my scrapbook.

Thanks!

Liberty,

No we didn't have Trish on ours, we had Timothy, Shawn, Nick and Melissa. She was a real sweetie! The guys were all great too, always smiling and very polite and friendly not to mention cute :D

I hope to go back someday and take my son next time. We had such a great day...it truly was heavenly.

If anyone has any good pics of the Silver Moon II I'd love to see them. I never thought to take any once we were done that day and I'd like to have one for my scrapbook.

Thanks!

It was the highlight of my cruise. Is Nick the captain?? I think we might have had him. Since Trish was the only female, she is the only name I remember :p

That rum cake was delish!!

Just returned from the Silver Moon excursion in Barbados. Nick is the owner of both the Silver Moon and Silver Moon II and he captained our boat. We had 10 people on board (one couple was a no-show as their ship had engine trouble and didn't make port). The Silver Moon II is used as a charter boat and Nick will only take 18. I wouldn't say this is a big party boat as the crew is pretty laid back and Nick is very fond of his boats (although there was plenty of beer and rum punch on board). We saw the SM II as they went the same places we did and they seemed a pretty tame crowd. If you want a big party boat, Cool Runnings does a "splash and dash" type excursion with tons of people packed on board.

We had an awesome time on this excursion. Nick and his crew, Ben and Gabby, treated us great and lunch was fabulous! Nick had to change the itinerary somewhat as we had nasty winds from the north that caused large swells on the normally calm Paynes Beach and Sandy Lane areas of the island. We instead went to the south and eastern beaches which were quite calm. We snorkeled and saw a turtle and a moray eel (the latter I could have done without!).

I am posting a few pics of this excursion. One shows the beach where we stopped, one shows the crew with Nick (on the left), Gabby in the middle and Ben on the right and one shows the Cool Runnings excursion.

This is a first rate excursion which I would highly recommend to anyone.

919042888_BeachStop.JPG.2d3461b2914ee05487ee391e2b13268c.JPG

1029172137_CoolRunnings.JPG.f8a6b08d41b18b75ffa9b0f9551c474a.JPG

224631083_NickandCrew.JPG.f6b8a37dca4daef7f083eabd62b56e4e.JPG

ESaylor,

So glad you liked the Silver Moon. We are booked on her on April 6 and can't wait!

How long do they stop for you to swim or snorkel? I hope they give you enough time in the water.

Any tips on what to bring with us or do?

Our trip was slightly off their usual itinerary because of the strong winds from the north that churned up the area where they usually go. They do let you snorkel for quite a while -- and we actually made two different stops for snorkeling. They are such a laid back crew that I think you could snorkel for as long as you want (within reason).

We didn't get to see the turtle nesting area because the sea on that side of the island was so choppy, but Nick says this happens only once or twice a year so you should be fine.

I would recommend bringing plenty of sunscreen and, of course, sunglasses. The sun is hot and bright that far south. Other than that, they provide everything else. Their lunch is awesome and they have plenty of drinks on board (sodas, water, rum punch & beer). If you have any other questions, feel free to e-mail me directly.

• 1 month later...

Archived