Taxi contact info-Progreso

Hi-

I would like to prearrange for taxi service from Progreso to Dzibilchltun ruin on the Monday morning we are in port with our Carnival Ecstasy cruise. Does anyone have phone or website contact information for a taxi? Also, about how much would we expect to pay to take taxi to ruin, taxi to wait on site at ruin, and return us back to Progreso? If we cannot prearrange the taxi, are there alot of taxi's available at the pier waiting for cruise customers? Also does anyone know what time the Dzibilchltun ruin opens?

Thank you!:D

Mamie

Hi-

I would like to prearrange for taxi service from Progreso to Dzibilchltun ruin on the Monday morning we are in port with our Carnival Ecstasy cruise. Does anyone have phone or website contact information for a taxi? Also, about how much would we expect to pay to take taxi to ruin, taxi to wait on site at ruin, and return us back to Progreso? If we cannot prearrange the taxi, are there alot of taxi's available at the pier waiting for cruise customers? Also does anyone know what time the Dzibilchltun ruin opens?

Thank you!:D

Mamie

Hours for the Dzibilchaltun Ruins are 8AM to 4PM. The Museum is normally closed on Mondays but was closed to the public on March 16th for upgrades. Not sure if it has reopened.

Taxis can be rented for the about $20 an hour and will take you where ever you want to go and will wait or come back and pick you up. There are plenty of taxis available. I never use the taxis there so have no contact information. I normally use the public colectivos or take the bus to travel in the Yucatan.

• 1 month later...
check out this address http://www.progressotaxicab.com

Gustavo is a reliable driver who speaks english. I can tell you that to go to the Dzibilchaltun ruins with him will be 600 pesos. He waits for you no matter where he takes you.

Good luck and have fun:cool:

I have to second this opinion... we used Gustavo in December and he was fantastic!

Archived