Carnival tours belize

Beth

My wife and I booked a ruins/city tour with carnival tours and are very pleased with the tour we got. we were on the legend and docked there may 6. the guide (Donna) met us at the dock, held up a sign with my name on it. She was born and raised there and went to collage there so she not only knew the city she knew all about the ruins. it was the one of the best tours we have been on. we will for sure book with CARNIVAL TOURS again. we do plan on going back to Belize. feel free to contact me if you need any more info.

Bobnfl

Hi Alabama Football,

Yes this is the one with the safari vehicle. Here some info from my review. I also put pictures on trip wow under the tour name. Hope this helps.

We went on this tour 5/5/2010. If you want a day tour, check it out! Birds! Fish! Wildlife! Even a Crocodile.

This tour, "Rainforest River Safari with Mayan Caves & Beach" is the best tour my husband & I have been on. The professionalism, company and geography were perfect. Raymond was awesome and very knowledgeable about the jungle and lagoon. He taught us many medicinal uses of many plants. Were still talking about it with friends. Peter was also very good and took us to many places in the mangrove to see different kinds of bird habitats. He knew exactly where to look. It was obvious he was very familiar with the area. He showed us the cashew tree and we ate the fruit right off the tree. It was delicious! Be careful, the outside of the cashew nut is poisonous if eaten or touched. I recommend this tour for anyone who wants to learn a lot of information on different areas of Belize with a small group. We do not take the tours that the ships offer. We like the under crowded instead of over crowded tours. There was so much information; I wished I had recorded some of the conversations so I could pass them on to our children. There were too many things to remember. I guess I will have to booked it for them the next time were there. carnival tours belize (Not to be confused with tours on Carnival Cruise line.) This is a tour not to be missed! May 2010 Cruise.

Wear proper shoes. I did not realize we would be walking in the jungle. I loved it, but definitely needed my run around boots. One good thing is it kept me at bay, or else I would have ventured off in that beautiful jungle and probably got into something I shouldn't.

How long does it take for them to respond to emails? I emailed them yesterday morning and have not received a response. Their live chat feature also said nobody was available. Any other tour provider I have contacted responded within hours.

Makes me a little hesitant to book with them.

• 4 weeks later...

how much walking is involved in this? Is it strenuous? How easy is it gettinginto and out of the Croc? I've seen a pic of it on Carnival's website and it looks massive!

btw, where are your pics you mentioned?

• 2 months later...
My wife and I booked a ruins/city tour with carnival tours and are very pleased with the tour we got. we were on the legend and docked there may 6. the guide (Donna) met us at the dock, held up a sign with my name on it. She was born and raised there and went to collage there so she not only knew the city she knew all about the ruins. it was the one of the best tours we have been on. we will for sure book with CARNIVAL TOURS again. we do plan on going back to Belize. feel free to contact me if you need any more info.

Bobnfl

What time did you meet your guide?How long was the tour and did you have enough time before the last tender?Were there anybody else with you on your vehicle?Did you feel safe driving around Belize(so many news about the violence)?thanks in advance for any info

What time did you meet your guide?How long was the tour and did you have enough time before the last tender?Were there anybody else with you on your vehicle?Did you feel safe driving around Belize(so many news about the violence)?thanks in advance for any info

Hi, The tour guide was waiting for us just outside the main building. that is the area that all the tours meet. There was no one else with us. The van was clean and dependable. our tour was around 4 hrs. we felt very safe while in belize. our tour guide was very knowledgeable about the area, she grew up there and lived there. she made sure we got back to the terminal 2 hours before the last tender so we could roam around the shopping areas. we will use carnival tous again when we go back to belize. we loved it. have a wonderful time.

Bob & Raquel

thank you again Bob and Raquel!We are sailing on Oct.3rd and looking forward to seeing Belize.I'm with my husband and 2 kids(they are used to travelling).We do all our excursions from private companies and I try to do a lot of research.Your post really reassured me.Maraming Salamat(thank you very much in Filipino)

I booked my family of 6 for the Altun Ha/river tour in Dec 2010. When I talked to the chat online, they said it was full but when I called, I was able to book my family at the group rate. They said I would get a follow up email. It took 2 weeks to get that email but it did finally come. I was a little nervous about the booking process so I am glad to hear some good reviews on the tour. $40 per person cheaper than the ship tour and it includes lunch.

It sounds like they are very slow with email follow through.

• 1 month later...

We did the mayan ruin/city tour 10/7/10 our tour guide Donna was nice and really knowledgeable about Belize.She met us at the pier holding a sign with my name on it .The tour took about 4 hours,we rode in an older toyota urvan.It's old but runs well and A.C. works great.It was nice doing an excursion without waiting for people to get in the bus .We had a good time.

We did the mayan ruin/city tour 10/7/10 our tour guide Donna was nice and really knowledgeable about Belize.She met us at the pier holding a sign with my name on it .The tour took about 4 hours,we rode in an older toyota urvan.It's old but runs well and A.C. works great.It was nice doing an excursion without waiting for people to get in the bus .We had a good time.

Thanks for this information, sacgirl! I booked the Altun Ha Mayan Site/River Wallace tour with them for our December cruise on the Dream. I'm so excited and very happy to hear more good things about this company.

They were wonderful to talk to on the phone and I received my confirmation the next day!

Archived