Voyager of the Seas 5/20/05 - May need tablemates

Hubby and I will be celebrating an anniversary this May and are planning on the Voyager cruise out of Bayonne, NJ on 5/20, only we haven't booked it yet. We're going to try to request a table for 2 for first seating, but if we can't get it when we board, we'd like to find another couple to dine with. Please let me know if you're also looking for a couple to dine with, and we'll go from there. Looking forward to this cruise!!!!

Why don't you just wait until you are on the ship and get your table? We have always had wonderful tablemates that were randomly selected by the cruise staff. You will be surprised at how much you will have with people not of your choosing.

The maitre'd seems to choose people of similar ages to be together at tables.

Thanks to both of you for your replies.

Irovnan, my travel agent and Royal Caribbean both have told me there were tables for 2, but not too many. I came across an excellent link which has all the info & pictures you'll ever need for the Voyager. I specifically saw a table for 2 in the Magic Flute (3rd floor) dining room on this link. If you haven't already seen this, here it is: http://www.voyager-class.com. Have a great cruise.

barbgazz, the reason I was trying to find people now is so that we can get to know each other beforehand, and it would be neat to finally meet them, as we'd be familiar with each other already. Just thought it would be fun to do it that way. My husband and I have been on 3 cruises (1 Princess, 2 Norwegian), and on each cruise, we've only had to sit with people once or twice, which was on the Princess cruise. We enjoy each other's company so much that we never even think of sitting with others. But that's nice to know the maitre d' chooses people most suitable for you. Thanks for the insight.

We are going on VOS in September and were told that there were only tables for 7 or 11. My travel agent called Royal Carribean directly to find out.

This isn't true - I was at a table for 4 in May...

Archived