Dream...Deck advice?

Hi all. As a new member to the board, I'd like to begin by thanking all posters for their invaluable tips, and advice. I do have a question, so forgive me if this is in the wrong section, or has been asked a thousand times before. Here goes.........

I'm on the verge of booking my first cruise and stay Holiday. We're looking at the "Treasures of the Med", on board the Dream, in Sept 2011. It's quite pricey, so the upgrades seem somewhat expensive, as far as cabin upgrades go. So I can probably stretch to an outside cabin on deck 5/6. Any advice if this would be a good choice or not would be appreciated. And one other quickie. How long generally does the free AI upgrade offer generally last, if booking through Thomson?

Thanks to all, in advance, and feel free to post replies with advice in general:)

Thanks for the reply Berwyn. Gonna go ahead and get this thing booked:)

Hi Billmul

We're doing a cruise and stay in June and booked the basic cabin. We asked at the TA last week and they said you can upgrade right up until the last week so don't panic as the price of the upgrade comes down nearer departure. We are keeping an eye on it right now, by going through the booking procedure on the internet, as they come down a for a bit then go up for a bit as the price drops. Next time they drop we're going in to upgrade. Good luck.

Jan

The upgrade price can vary considerably on a daily basis, I have seen a upgrade costing £98 reduced to £14 the next day and back up to £98 the day after!.

I've noticed that when they drop the pp price they increase the price of the upgrade and vice versa. If you book late it's swings and roundabouts with the total price. That's no help though when you've paid a lot more and are looking for a cheap upgrade.:):)

Jan

Once again, thanks to all for advice. I took the plunge earlier this afternoon, and booked it through Thomsons online. Went into the TA's first, but the price they were offering was above the online price by £340 for 4 passengers. The only thing left to do now, is to look at reserving a cabin number? We've gone for an outide plus, on 5/6. If we've ended up paying a little more in the long run, then so be it. I'll be asking a few more questions between now, and Sept 2011, so be prepared for some weird and wonderful questions:D

Once again, thanks to all for advice. I took the plunge earlier this afternoon, and booked it through Thomsons online. Went into the TA's first, but the price they were offering was above the online price by £340 for 4 passengers. The only thing left to do now, is to look at reserving a cabin number? We've gone for an outide plus, on 5/6. If we've ended up paying a little more in the long run, then so be it. I'll be asking a few more questions between now, and Sept 2011, so be prepared for some weird and wonderful questions:D

Thomson own shops tend to match the Thomson on line price - for future reference - or most do !

Archived