Bringing Alcohol on board

nicering2

I'm sure this has been covered, but I've went back a few pages with no luck.

We were on the Carribean Princess in October and going on The Inspiration in March. On the princess I brought a box of wine, vodka and malibu in my suitcase. The room steward never said a thing and all alcohol made it to my room safe. I do know that on Princess you could also order bottles to be delivered to your room... so I know they are probably a little more lax...

Can you list experience with Carnival and bringing alchohol on board?

We are also traveling with someone who likes to drink beer? Any stories about getting beer onboard?

Thank you for your help.

You can do a search and find PLENTY on this topic....

I bring along plastic fifts of alcohol and pack them in my checked bags (2 to each bag)... i have not packed beer, but others have... a little more tricky I would imagine. You can carry on wine (they allow a bottle of wine, but some have gotten away with more)

I will follow the Carnival policy and not bring any liquor onboard my 2/13/05 Carnival Miracle cruise. In this policy, if you are found bringing liquor onboard, Carnival will steals your liquor. The definition of stealing is when someone takes your personal property without your consent. At the end of the cruise, Carnival returns the liquor that they have stolen. I booked this cruise because we are taking the whole family and Camp Carnival allows 2 year olds to participate, otherwise I would be sailing on either Royal Caribbean or Princess. On those lines as you had mentioned in regards to Princess, you can buy liquor at reasonable prices and take it to your room. We enjoy setting up a bar in our cabin and have drinks on our balcony whenever we want.

Tutak, that is the exact reason I bring my own... I like having it in my cabin. During the day and evening, it just takes too long to walk back and fix a drink... I still average $150 a day on my bar tab, so they are not missing much by me smuggling some with me :D

We were on the Fascination in 2001, and we carried on 4 bottles of wine in a cardboard wine holder from our favorite local winery. The Carnival reps at check-in didn't have any problem with the amount (4 bottles) for our 4-night cruise. So, every evening we opened a bottle of wine to enjoy in our room when we were getting ready for dinner, relaxing in the room before a show, etc. We also took a plastic bottle of rum in our checked luggage (back then I was one of those paranoid folks who actually cleaned out a Listerine bottle and filled it with the rum). We didn't drink the rum as much as I thought we would, though. This year we'll bring some wine with us (one bottle for each night of or 5-night cruise), but I think we'll just leave the liquor at home and buy the occasional drink at the bar. I've looked at recent bar menues on various websites, and it seems drinks are pretty reasonable ($3.95 - $5.95 each). But then I live in Key West, where my martini last night at dinner was $11.00, so pretty much *anything* is reasonable to me!

I think I'm going to try and bring some on as well. If they take it, they take it... We had such a good time on our balcony with a glass of wine or vodka and whatever in the evening. We will still buy on the ship as well. We are going on Carnival as apart of a wedding cruise...this will be a second cruise for us, the first on the Carribean Princess, so I'm trying to get the Carnival rules down!

Thanks for the help and the posts.

Archived