The best of Tampa

nicering2

We are visiting Tampa for one day pre cruise. We arrive early in the am, renting a car and I want to spend the day relaxing at a quiet beach, have a nice lunch and dinner and perhaps do something at night.

Can anyone with knowledge of the area list their favorites. I've been to some of the suggested Tampa websites but I want real opinions.

Best quiet relaxing beach?

Lunch spot?

Dinner spot?

Have to see area.. fun shopping...

We just want to have a good day relaxing.

Any suggestions would really be appreciated.

We are staying at Homewood Studio Suites, Tampa Airport area... we have read the bad reviews and would also appreciate any comments... Our thought is.. priceline bid was very cheap and it's just one night!

Thanks!

Best quiet relaxing beach?

Thanks!

I would have to vote for Ft Desoto Park at the end of St Pete. You can take I275 down to the very end of St Pete and then just about 10 mins out to the park (about 30 mins total from the airport area). They have trails, the fort, boat rides to Egmont Key or just take a picnic (stop at Publix and grab a cuban and munchies) and eat at the beach. The water is still fairly cold now 58 degrees, but if its a sunny day, its super relaxing. Go to the North Beach and walk to the end. Not many people head that far up the beach although its only about 5 mins from the parking lot. They have pavillions for lunch (or just eat on the beach towel) and facilities available.

If you are talking about homestead suites-I have stayed there a few times. For the price it was a nice place. i am not picky-We will be in Tampa for 2 nights on the 10 and 11th of Feb. for our precruise stay. We are staying at Marriot Westshore 1 night and hyatt downtown the next night. We are sailing on the Splendour.

Harry

Archived