Anything to do besides the Dunns falls?

JackieH

We will be there in August, and honestly I have no desire to do the falls. We are a family of 5,and my youngest will be 6. Is there any other tours they don't include the falls? I mean I would like to see it, but not climb it.;)

We don't want to climb the falls either yet if we book a tour and request not to go, expect the tour guide to talk us into "seeing it". Once we step out there are guides who work for tips who we're sure will be pushy..."Come on, I help you, take my hand"..., etc. NO, we DON'T want to do it! :rolleyes:

Yes, everybody says they are pushy there. Like I said, I would like to see it, not experience first hand;). I am just wondering if there are any tours, they you can see other signts as well as the Dunns river..just not get in it:confused:

Some of the tour guide websites say they will customize a tour....but that usually comes at a much higher price. When "everyone else" wants to stop at the falls and that's their regular route, they charge more to take you off by yourself... (I know in St. Martin, for example, a group tour is like $40.00 but if you book a private it's $400.00 for your party)

And honestly, we don't know where else we'd want to go. Don't want to go on a river raft or drive up windy mountains or stop at the local pottery place....

There's supposedly pushy vendors everywhere trying to sell things. We'll probably end up spending a couple hours at Margaritaville and head back to the ship...

We did Dunn's Falls - if 5yr old is adventurous could climb them - not as hard as it looks... Also went in a tyre tube down river - about and hour and then to 'Secret waterfall' with Peat Taylor - full day for about $55USpp including entries - noticed a family did a tour with them same day as us and ended up at Blue Holes and Secret waterfall. More pleasant than battling the markets!

We don't want to climb the falls either yet if we book a tour and request not to go, expect the tour guide to talk us into "seeing it". Once we step out there are guides who work for tips who we're sure will be pushy..."Come on, I help you, take my hand"..., etc. NO, we DON'T want to do it! :rolleyes:

Did this happen to you?

We will be there in August, and honestly I have no desire to do the falls. We are a family of 5,and my youngest will be 6. Is there any other tours they don't include the falls? I mean I would like to see it, but not climb it.;)

If you want to see it you are welcome to do so. You still need to pay the entrance fee. There are many other things to do. You can go bobsledding and ziplining, river tubing on the White River - it is a lot of fun and your youngest would be fine. The tubes all have bottoms on them so you won't fall through or rub on the bottom (the river isn't very deep at all). You can go through Fern Gulley or visit the pottery factory. You can hit the beach for the day. There are 4 wheeling excursions, horse back riding, catamaran rides to the falls, lots of stuff. We used Peat Taylor and had a great day. Good luck.

Some of the tour guide websites say they will customize a tour....but that usually comes at a much higher price. When "everyone else" wants to stop at the falls and that's their regular route, they charge more to take you off by yourself... (I know in St. Martin, for example, a group tour is like $40.00 but if you book a private it's $400.00 for your party)

And honestly, we don't know where else we'd want to go. Don't want to go on a river raft or drive up windy mountains or stop at the local pottery place....

There's supposedly pushy vendors everywhere trying to sell things. We'll probably end up spending a couple hours at Margaritaville and head back to the ship...

We used Peat Taylor and our group of 4 were the only ones on his bus. He charged us $20 each for the day to do everything we wanted to do. We paid for admission to the falls and river tubing.

If you want to see it you are welcome to do so. You still need to pay the entrance fee. There are many other things to do. You can go bobsledding and ziplining, river tubing on the White River - it is a lot of fun and your youngest would be fine. The tubes all have bottoms on them so you won't fall through or rub on the bottom (the river isn't very deep at all). You can go through Fern Gulley or visit the pottery factory. You can hit the beach for the day. There are 4 wheeling excursions, horse back riding, catamaran rides to the falls, lots of stuff. We used Peat Taylor and had a great day. Good luck.

Thank you.. I will look into all of this.

Archived