Eurodam balcony sizes

MICK48DC

We have just booked VC 5137 , Close to elevators to pool / dining rooms , balconys are important to us however I have read that that they can be small , also that VD categary are larger (and cheaper) , we are thinking about changing to VD 4133 for the larger balcony but am concerned that the lifeboats may block our forward vew, advice please , photos would be even better

The VC balconies are 6 ft deep, while the VD are 7.5 ft deep ... but that outer 1.5 ft is exposed (not under the deck 5 balconies). Your 4133 forward view would not be blocked at all, as the railing lines up with the outer edge of the lifeboats. In this pic, ignore the red box; it was put there for another question! :) BTW - this not actually the Eurodam, but that doesn't matter.

attachment.php?attachmentid=148002&d=1267223743

This is the Eurodam, port side, so the cabins aft of the last lifeboat are 4132, 4134, etc. Note that unlike what the deck plan diagram shows, the 4132 railing is all the way out in line with all the VDs, and the 4134 railing does not angle. 4133 would be the 3rd one aft of the lifeboat on the starboard side, right above the wide white structural column in this pic.

Click pic to enlarge

DSCN0074.jpg.ed3bd5d479e99e4b1a148039cd53b961.jpg

I've cropped the pic to show just the pertinent area. 4136 (the port side twin of 4133) is just above the wide column. I would choose 4133 over 5137 directly above it. :)

Again, click pic to enlarge

DSCN0074c.jpg.4650f8f6d7c6fa7b8dce6f6185004d21.jpg

We have just booked VC 5137 , Close to elevators to pool / dining rooms , balconys are important to us however I have read that that they can be small , also that VD categary are larger (and cheaper) , we are thinking about changing to VD 4133 for the larger balcony but am concerned that the lifeboats may block our forward vew, advice please , photos would be even better

I was in the same cabin but on the Starboard side.

you almost have to do acrobatics to even see the lifeboats.

The balcony size was very useable (breakfast, etc.) with one chaise, one armchair w/ ottoman and a smallish round table.

Archived