Obsessed with 7a's on the Pride. Need help!!

Hi everyone!!

It is snowing outside right now...It is May 9th!!! Happy Mother's Day!

I need help I have become obsessed with the 7A's on the Spirit class. I am booked on the Pride room 5234. Does anyone know anything about this room. Is room 5190 better....should I switch??

Thanks... any help is appreciated!:)

Hi everyone!!

I need help I have become obsessed with the 7A's on the Spirit class. I am booked on the Pride room 5234. Does anyone know anything about this room. Is room 5190 better....should I switch??

From what I can see on the deck plans cabin 5190 would be a better cabin because the lifeboat is not blocking the view of the water. We sailed on the Miracle on Deck 4 and purposely chose a cabin between the lifeboats to allow more light and a better view. If given the option I'd make the call to switch to cabin 5190 :) Have you looked on webshots for some pictures of these cabins? There's usually several over there. Any of the ships within this class will be the same if you don't find one for your ship look for the Miracle, Lengend, or the Spirit too.

It's snowing here too in NY YUCK! We just got off the Dream on May 1st and came home to 80 degree weather ....a week later snow lol

Hi everyone!!

I would say 5234. You can not look down and see the water but then you don't have the balcony sticking out right next to you when you want to look toward the back of the ship. My kids were just in this room on the Carnival Spirit for our Hawaii cruise.

I would say 5234. You can not look down and see the water but then you don't have the balcony sticking out right next to you when you want to look toward the back of the ship. My kids were just in this room on the Carnival Spirit for our Hawaii cruise.

I never noticed that about Room 5190. Thanks for the help Tracy!!!!

Were your kids ok with that room. I saved a few Hundred dollars and now am wondering if it was worth it.

Thanks again!!!

I wanted to try to upgrade to an unobstructed room for 40 more per person but my friend said she kinda LIKES the idea of the lifeboat being just outside our balcony....just in case!!! LOL to each his or her own I guess!!!!

I agree. 5190 has a wall to the right right next to it and blocks the aft view.

we are just off Pride last weekend and my kids were in 5234 and we were in 5228.. It is an obstructed balcony cabin.. your view is really not obstructed... the life boat is not at eye level rather looking down.. you will have a perfect view of the ocean and ports.. I loved the location of the cabins as the elevator and stairs were right around the corner and a quick walk down to the Normandie dining room.. we also had the BEST cabin steward!! although they may change cabin assignments.. would book that area again in a heartbeat!!

we are just off Pride last weekend and my kids were in 5234 and we were in 5228.. It is an obstructed balcony cabin.. your view is really not obstructed... the life boat is not at eye level rather looking down.. you will have a perfect view of the ocean and ports.. I loved the location of the cabins as the elevator and stairs were right around the corner and a quick walk down to the Normandie dining room.. we also had the BEST cabin steward!! although they may change cabin assignments.. would book that area again in a heartbeat!!

Thanks!! I will stick with 5234 and stop obsessing!!!!!!:o:)

Here's a few pics of our cabin, 5237, which is the quad in the same location on the starboard side. No issue at all, loved the location, close to the elevators and stairs. It did seem like a long walk to Camp Carnival, if you have the need (I'm guessing you are looking at quads because of kids, so if they are of that age, the camp is on this deck, all the way forward.) I would definitely take this location over the 5190, with the bump-out right beside you.

Here's the cabin with the third and fourths made up. (My kids are actually hiding under their covers)

478.jpg

In this one, if you look past the munchkins, you can see how low the lifeboat is in relation to the balcony. The top of the boat is just above balcony floor level. That's the Caribbean Princess across the pier in Grand Turk.

532.jpg

This one is the view off the balcony of the port of Baltimore. As you can see, a nice view out, just not down.

DSCN4229.jpg

Archived