Question for alaska residents

Shami

My sister-in-law phoned to say that a woman she chats with online in Alaska (don't know where in Alaska) is saying that she and all in her area are wearing masks indoors and out - presumably from the volcano ash from Iceland. I don't see anything on these threads. Is there any truth to this that you know of? We leave for Vancouver in three days and board our ship for the northbound inside passage cruise on Friday.

Thank you for your help.

Alaska is a large state but at least where I live we havent had to wear any masks nor have I seen any reports of that in the Anchorage Daily news (all five pages of it) or when I watched the news last night. If that was the case thier would be some type of broadcast about it. All I can say is thats not the case where I live at all.

Adri :)

the Anchorage Daily news (all five pages of it)

LOL...we used to love our paper; when we traveled, we thought very few papers were as good. Now, we're about to cancel our subscription. Price has gone up, and there's just not enough in it! Sad when our little local paper is bigger.

LOL...we used to love our paper; when we traveled, we thought very few papers were as good. Now, we're about to cancel our subscription. Price has gone up, and there's just not enough in it! Sad when our little local paper is bigger.

I couldent resist the swipe lol. I used to be a Anchorage Daily News Carrier ok like 25 years ago when I was about 11 years old. Great now I am dating myself. I remember I could barely get the paper in the little plastic bags they give. Now im sure the carriers have no problem with it lol.

My Grandmother is 93 and loves to still read the paper and its how she knows the exact date every single day. So we continue to get the paper every single day mainly for her. Im sad that its shrunk so much when the Fannings owned it. It was a great paper but now ergg. Yep our local paper the frontiersman is bigger and could expand and give the Daily news a run for its money lol.

My sister-in-law phoned to say that a woman she chats with online in Alaska (don't know where in Alaska) is saying that she and all in her area are wearing masks indoors and out - presumably from the volcano ash from Iceland. I don't see anything on these threads. Is there any truth to this that you know of? We leave for Vancouver in three days and board our ship for the northbound inside passage cruise on Friday.

Thank you for your help.

No masks in Southeast- that I am aware of- we a number of wonderful sunny days- we have dusted off the old lawn furniture- planting annuals- so no worry - enjoy your trip

I haven't seen anyone wearing mask.

But the Redoubt Volcano is steaming great today. Hopefully everyone on the HAL ship will get great views and pics as they cruise a few miles from the volcano.

No masks in Southeast- that I am aware of- we a number of wonderful sunny days- we have dusted off the old lawn furniture- planting annuals- so no worry - enjoy your trip

No fair, planting annuals already. We have to wait almost two weeks before it's really safe here. Sunny, wind chill of 35 now, frost maybe tonight or tomorrow night.

Thank you for your help.

Ummm.... no.:rolleyes: The ash from the volcano would have to go almost completely around the world to get to Alaska due to the prevailing winds. By the time it go there, it would be almost impossible to even measure. Go have a ball in Alaska.

No reports of anyone wearing face masks in Alaska because of the Iceland volcano ash. No way could it reach there before first spreading across the rest of the North American continent. Now there are volcanos in Alaska that sometimes spew ash but I haven't read of any activity in recent weeks that could cause what your sister-in- law claims to have heard. I suspect that she didn't hear the entire story or put two separate stories together and came up with this new one. I know people who have a tendency to do that and the biggest problem is that they state their claims with absolute certainty and it is almost impossible to convince them that they heard wrong.:rolleyes:

I couldent resist the swipe lol. I used to be a Anchorage Daily News Carrier ok like 25 years ago when I was about 11 years old. Great now I am dating myself. I remember I could barely get the paper in the little plastic bags they give. Now im sure the carriers have no problem with it lol.

My Grandmother is 93 and loves to still read the paper and its how she knows the exact date every single day. So we continue to get the paper every single day mainly for her. Im sad that its shrunk so much when the Fannings owned it. It was a great paper but now ergg. Yep our local paper the frontiersman is bigger and could expand and give the Daily news a run for its money lol.

I purchased a Sunday paper today just for the coupons. Wernt any coupons worthwhile so I was a bit bummed. I also see they are doing a 'weekend only' subscription special for an entier year for 52 weeks for $52, but you have to call on Friday, May 14th only for this special... so, should I or not.. I consider it a coupon subscription if I do, and supporting the delivery person... hmmm..:confused:

My sister-in-law phoned to say that a woman she chats with online in Alaska (don't know where in Alaska) is saying that she and all in her area are wearing masks indoors and out - .

i'd only wear a mask while commiting a crime, such as going to the red dawg saloon.

I purchased a Sunday paper today just for the coupons. Wernt any coupons worthwhile so I was a bit bummed. I also see they are doing a 'weekend only' subscription special for an entier year for 52 weeks for $52, but you have to call on Friday, May 14th only for this special... so, should I or not.. I consider it a coupon subscription if I do, and supporting the delivery person... hmmm..:confused:

Thats a bummer no good coupons what a disapointment. I also like the Sunday paper for the TV guide lolol. The paper after my grandma reads it and I scan through all six pages lol ok so 12 for Sunday haha makes great fire starter :)

Adri

Archived