Seattle excursion between debarkation and flight?

MSNEmommy

I've just noticed that Carnival has post cruise excursions after debarkation that include airport transfers. Has anyone tried something like this? I've never done an airport transfer and am worried that we won't be dropped at the check-in area in time. Excursion states it is for flights after 1:30. Our departure time is 1:35 on Continental.

How "safe" is Carnival about getting you to the airport in plenty of time to check-in with check baggage?

Anyone know where Continental is in the sequence of drop-offs at the airport? (With 5 minutes to spare last vs first drop-off may be important.)

How likely is SEA-TAC to be a crowded mess at 1 on a Tuesday in May causing longer than usual check-in and security times?

TIA for any information you experienced west coast departures folks can provide. :D

I don't know about the Carnival transfers, per se. However, I can tell you a bit about the airport.

Tuesday midday is likely to be relatively quiet. Should be no problem getting checked-in and through security. I've been impressed in how quickly they handle event he long lines of Friday afternoon and Monday mornings. They tend to call in reinforcements to handle multiple stations.

The airport is in only one long terminal on a 90 degree curve. First up is United, then Alaska (they have the bulk of flights out of Seattle). Continental is toward the end. If you were concerned about that timing, you could certainly get off at United and walk tot he terminal. Not really that far, as in many airports around the country.

thanks SeattleBarbershop - that's great information. I fell much better about the airport now.

Hoping someone can still help me feel better about Carnival transfers...:p

why don't you also consider

toursnorthwest.com

who also do a post cruise with drop. Its a much smaller group and your likely to get more with less worry.

I didn't know I had another option, thanks for the info. Davidgmg. Unfortunately website indicates arrival at airport between 1:30 and 2 which won't work for a flight departure of 1:35. I would be at the airport 1-2 hours before flight time unless airport recommends even earlier arrival. I can go with original plan to tour Seattle on our own before cruise and take public Xport or taxis but getting to cram a few sights into debarkation day would be fun - if doable...

thanks SeattleBarbershop - that's great information. I fell much better about the airport now.

Hoping someone can still help me feel better about Carnival transfers...:p

I am not sure how Carnival will be doing their post cruise excursions with airport drop off, Carnival is new to Seattle this year. I think they know how it works, they do it at other ports. With your time frame the Carnival excursion may not work. You can still see some Seattle sites and still make your flight, as Davidgmg said try some local tours.

I think what I would do is take a cab to Westin Hotel. The bell guys will hold your bags. From there you can either walk two blocks and take the monorail to Space Needle or walk 4 blocks and see the Pike Place Mkt. When you are thru the airporter bus stops at the Westin and will take you direct to Seatac for $11 pp. You could also walk and take light rail but its more walking once you get to the airport. Airporter will drop you at check in counter.

Look on tripadvisor.com seattle forum for a one day itinerary without a car. On right side under FAQ's.

Archived