Premium bev. Pkg, will x charge corkage

HAVANA

Now with the new beverage packages, if I pay for 2 premium all inclusive alcohol packages will I still be charged corkage if I bring a bottle of wine to the dining room?

It is my understanding that if you did not buy the wine from X, they will charge you a corkage fee. If you bought it from them, no problem.

Yes you will pay for corkage on any of your OWN bottles you have brought on board....IF you take it to any restaurant or lounge to drink. Open and drink it in your room.

If you bought the package, I certainly wouldn't bother bringing any wine onboard. Why would you?

Now with the new beverage packages, if I pay for 2 premium all inclusive alcohol packages will I still be charged corkage if I bring a bottle of wine to the dining room?

If you've read the MANY threads, you'll see that the new alcohol packages have nothing to do with bottles of wine.

Yes you will pay for corkage on any of your OWN bottles you have brought on board....IF you take it to any restaurant or lounge to drink. Open and drink it in your room.

If you bought the package, I certainly wouldn't bother bringing any wine onboard. Why would you?

Thought I might like to enjoy a bottle of wine at dinner that was not on the list and was wondering if I would be charged corkage since I was paying for wine in the package and not dinking it......that's why.

Thought I might like to enjoy a bottle of wine at dinner that was not on the list and was wondering if I would be charged corkage since I was paying for wine in the package and not dinking it......that's why.

Okeedokee. Just with the price you are paying for the package, and the wide variety of wines available, seems a waste of money to carry your own to the MDR. I'd enjoy it on the verandah before dinner to avoid that fee, if you are really stuck on a particular type.;)

Do a forum search as there has been many posts as of late including some straight from X, listing everything included as well as the exclusions.

We sometimes bring our two bottles from home and enjoy that wine in the stateroom. We never travel without the corkscrew!

I am sure they will charge you corkage fee for any wine you bring onboard if you take it to the dining room regardless of your package.

With the new luggage restrictions with the airlines and the risk taken by checking bags with wine bottles in them, we may be more inclined to purchase one of the packages and enjoy wine by the glass.

Archived