Lavazza Coffee Machines

LBS1

Is there Lavazza caffiene-free coffee supplied in the suites? And if it is, and you tried it, was it any good or should we bring our own.

Does the Lavazza machine use ground coffee or pods?

We were in an aft suite last May on the Pearl and there was regular, decaff and foo foo coffee pods with the Lavazza coffee machines. They are pods and I was a little reluctant because we use freshly ground coffee, but we were very pleased. Did not drink the decaf or the flavored coffees (in fact had them removed and replaced with regular), but if they are anything like the regular - you're gonna luv it!

B. Cole

Is there Lavazza caffiene-free coffee supplied in the suites? And if it is, and you tried it, was it any good or should we bring our own.

Does the Lavazza machine use ground coffee or pods?

Yes, Yes

Pods.

:D

2346610260059187889S500x500Q85.jpg

Edited by time2cruise1

Has this changed in the last year or so then? We were in an aft suite on the Jewel in Feb. 2009 and the big machine (coffee, cappuccino etc.) used beans, not pods. We were disappointed that we hadn't brought our own beans because we could have easily put our own in the machine, and were planning on doing so on the Dawn in 2011.

Has this changed in the last year or so then? We were in an aft suite on the Jewel in Feb. 2009 and the big machine (coffee, cappuccino etc.) used beans, not pods. We were disappointed that we hadn't brought our own beans because we could have easily put our own in the machine, and were planning on doing so on the Dawn in 2011.

Suites on the Dawn use the pods now.

The Lavazza machines use pods for expresso or tea only. Our butler told me if I wanted regular coffee, he'd deliver a carafe.

Edited by OceanDreaming2

• 3 years later...
are there any coffee pods compatible with Lavazza? it's too strong for me....and hot chocolate pods?

thanks,

sonja

There are no other brands that would be compatible. However, there are ways to make the coffee in various degrees of strength. Next time onboard, have the Butler instruct you on how to do so. Problem solved.

:)

I use my Nespresso for fast espresso two or three times a day. When I go on board Getaway in a couple of months I'll miss it so much that I'm either going to make close friends with somebody in a suite or pay somebody for a couple of cups a day of their Lavazza. :eek:

I use my Nespresso for fast espresso two or three times a day. When I go on board Getaway in a couple of months I'll miss it so much that I'm either going to make close friends with somebody in a suite or pay somebody for a couple of cups a day of their Lavazza. :eek:

There is a coffee bar on every NCL ship, usually in or near the atrium. You can get espresso there, but the downside is you'll be paying for it.