Jacksonville port question

skttnc

I noticed on the Carnival site that the sailing for the Fascination out of Jacksonville only go until April when looking at booking....when will more be posted? Why are they stopping in April?? New ship? New itenerary? Anyone know anything? :confused:

JaxPort is being turned into a cargo only port and Carnival's contract ends next year. They have looked into alternate locations for the port in other areas of Jacksonville but I don't think any final decisions have been made.

Oh, no....really? Darn it! I wanted to cruise from Jacksonville in July 2011 for our 20th wedding anniversary. It's the closest port to us that sails the Bahamas itenerary. Ugghhhh!! :(:(:(

Thanks for the info!

The Fantasy out of Charleston sails to the Bahamas, so consider that ship (it's essentially the same ship as the Fascination) as an alternative if Jacksonville loses the Fascination.

Oh, no....really? Darn it! I wanted to cruise from Jacksonville in July 2011 for our 20th wedding anniversary. It's the closest port to us that sails the Bahamas itenerary. Ugghhhh!! :(:(:(

Thanks for the info!

I heard rumors of it going to Savannah. Anyone know anything? I wanted to go ahead and book for next summer.:rolleyes:

I heard rumors of it going to Savannah. Anyone know anything? I wanted to go ahead and book for next summer.:rolleyes:
it was on the local news that Savannah is trying to get the cruise ships to come in there. that would be wonderful, only an hour drive for us. maybe more cruise lines will come also. let's keep our fingers crossed!!!:D

I posted a link the other day to a local story about the port.

Contract is up in April or May of 2011 and no site picked for a new port. Very doubtful local politicians will move fast enough to resolve this before then. The only proposed location was shot down 2 years ago by the residents of that area. Now they are back tracking a bit, but still don't see how they could make it happen in the length of time available.

Thanks for the updates. I started to post a question about the port this morning and thought I would use the great little search too first. I wonder how soon it will be before Carnival makes a decision on where they will put the Fascination if Jacksonville falls through? Surely they must have a back up plan going.

Archived