Godfather bar in sicily

bpmets

I'm not a Godfather aficionado, so forgive me if I'm barking up a completely wrong tree here. I found this on the following web site: http://www.thegodfathertrilogy.com/gf1/gf1scene.html

Since Corleone, Sicily, was too developed even in the early 70s to be used for filming, the Sicilian towns of Savoca and Forza d'Agro outside of Taormina were used instead. This is where you'll find Bar Vitelli and the church Michael was married in. [Look here for some on-location shots in Sicily sent in by site visitors!]

Hi

Went on the Godfather tour a few years ago, cant remember if we were with Thomson or Ocean Village. I'm sure the village is called Sabucca or something like that. We visited the church where Michael got married and had a grenata lemoni in the Bar Vitelli in the village. The bar was still run by the same old woman who ran it when the film was made. Very scary bus run to get to the village, up little winding roads, but well worth the visit, beautiful little village. I think we docked at the same port as you plan to and the journey wasn't too lengthy as far as I can remember. Sorry for being a bit vague about times, names etc., it was few years ago. Hope you find the information you are looking for and have a lovely trip.

Archived