Help 1st timers for Honeymoon cruise on Valor

ToadStar

Hi, I am planning our honeymoon for my fh and myself - 7 nights on Valor for the exotic western cruise (Cayman, Belize, Honduras, Mexico) on May 15, 2011 and I am trying to figure out which floor would be the best to stay on? I don't want to be far from the onboard activities, but I would also like to be close to where we get off for when we are in port. My fh is a semi light sleeper, but I can sleep through just about anything... I am also curious what you can see from the rooms with a porthole? A friend suggested we get an inside room because we will hardly ever be in the room so we should save the difference for excursions - is he right?? Being midship isn't all that important as neither of us suffer from motion sickness (at least not on obviously smaller boats we have been on). Any other suggestions, comments, or advice would be so helpful - thanks in advance! I am so excited!!!

Make sure that you have rooms above & below your room, since FH is a light sleeper. We were on the valor in June 2009 and loved it!:) We had an Aft balcony on the 6th floor just above the Eagles lounge and we could hear the music at night and it wasn't too loud.:) We enjoyed having our morning coffee on the balcony watching the sunrise. This way I did not have to worry about our hair 1st thing in the morning, since my DH in nearly bold, it would not matter too him.:D

We did the WC cruise and we went to Key West instead of Cosumel do to swine flu and will have to book this cruise again at a later date.

Welcome ToadStar, and congratulations! How exciting to be planning your honeymoon!! :D

I don't have much input on the floor to stay on, because I've always been on the 7th floor- however, we haven't had any problems at all with noise there. We always aim for the 7th floor, towards the middle of the ship because my boyfriend tends toward motion sickness (though I think it's all in his head lol) and they say the boat is steadiest in the middle.

This is a personal preference but for me, I'd rather spend the money on a balcony room and fewer excursions, if it were a choice between the two. I LOVE having the privacy of the balcony while being outside. It's somewhere peaceful to sit and relax while also being outside. It's awesome to wake up and sit outside with coffee too. I used to think the same thing, that we wouldn't be in the room enough to make it worth it, but we find that we use the balcony a lot. But again it all depends on what you guys are like, and what kind of vacationers you are.

We usually opt to explore the ports on our own, or just relax and have a beach day.

But one thing is for sure- you will have an amazing honeymoon no matter what you decide I'm sure!

Have fun planning!

Congrats ToadStar on your upcoming Wedding and Honeymoon!! I have been on the Valor twice and both times stayed on the Main Deck. Its just a short walk down to get off the ship in the ports but high enough to not be bothered by any noise. I think a cabin Midship is the way to go since your FH is a light sleeper.

For your first cruise I totally agree with your friend and get an Interior Room. You'll be hooked on cruises, and will have many more cruises to go on. So you can always upgrade your room on another cruise if you want to try the Ocean View or Balcony. Excursions are so much fun. But here's a hint, make sure you check out independent tour operators and their price before booking all your excursions through the cruise line. You'll find the same tours much cheaper if you book through an independent tour operator rather than using the cruise line. Thats another way to save a few dollars. Just go to the Ports of Call section on this website and read all about tours that other people have taken and most of them will give you the tour operators contact info!

I've done this itinerary and LOVE IT!! Have fun and enjoy your cruise.

Archived