Latest to get off the ship?

Was just wondering...

Our flight doesnt leave till 7pm we are renting a car after to do whatever, so whats the latest you can get off the ship?

I believe the last tag is called around 9:30 so shortly after that...

In our May 1st cruise, ours was the 2nd last group at 8:40am and the last tag was 9:00am though they did fall about 20 min behind.

We also rented a car. There are free shuttles from the rental companies at the port and you take those to FLL to pick up your car. It's pretty easy.

Thnx!! And do you think it matters what time i said i would pick up our rental car?!

We pre-booked a car through the Web for 1pm pick-up. Even with our late disembarkment, we got to FLL Hertz by about 10:15am and was in the car by about 10:40am. The longest wait was lining up for the shuttle at Port Everglades. I have a feeling that some of those in line didn't actually intend to rent a car but rather wanted the free ride to FLL. The bus we were on was shared by 3 rental companies: Hertz, Avis and I think National.

When you pick up your car is really up to you. I think the mininum charge is 1-day so it doesn't matter if you rent for 4 hours or 6 hours, so I would do it sooner to give you more time to do whatever you want to do in the city. Our flight back home didn't depart until the next day so we had the car for close to 24h.

Archived