Carnival coffee

ChCo38

Can anyone tell me how the coffee is on Carnival Freedom. I used to enjoy Carnivals coffee but on the last two sailings, Legends and Inspiration, I found that they had changed their coffee and I didn't really care for it. I also purchased coffee and did not find it much better. I am thinking of bringing my own coffee with a small coffee pot so I can make and enjoy my coffee while sitting on the balcony. Thanks in advance Cheryl

Can anyone tell me how the coffee is on Carnival Freedom. I used to enjoy Carnivals coffee but on the last two sailings, Legends and Inspiration, I found that they had changed their coffee and I didn't really care for it. I also purchased coffee and did not find it much better. I am thinking of bringing my own coffee with a small coffee pot so I can make and enjoy my coffee while sitting on the balcony. Thanks in advance Cheryl

I dont beleive the plugin pots will be allowed unless you are referring to another type of pot.

You could always bring your coffee in a seperate bag and see if they could prepare it for you.... as a special dietary need... ? :D

I dont beleive the plugin pots will be allowed unless you are referring to another type of pot.

You could always bring your coffee in a seperate bag and see if they could prepare it for you.... as a special dietary need... ? :D

Try the coffee in "teagbags" or Starbucks Via. All you need is hot water.

I would be very surprised if the same coffee is not used on all if Carnival's ships.

I was on the Valor just a few weeks ago, I found the lido coffee to be quite strong and a little bitter. I ended up cutting it with a half cup of hot water and it was drinkable. The coffee from room service wasn't as strong for some reason and was pretty good actually. Maybe they don't make as much at a time, idk.

i found that the buffet (free anytime you want it) coffee to taste like instant! in fact i thought it so bad that i would not drink it! However, the dining room coffee is wonderful! I found this to be true of the Glory in 08 and the Valor in 09!

Use the Starbucks instant, or the coffee shop its GRRRRReat. Found out you don't drink the good stuff from the coffee shop after 8 or you will be starry eyed all night. WOOF. Morn pots have been OK.

Bringing your own pot may not make it to your room these days.

Just got off the Freedom a few weeks back, the coffee tasted like butt, awful stuff. Had to get my fix elsewhere each morning

Amen. Tastes like dirty butt. Starbucks Via Columbian medium roast works fine. Coffee shop coffee very good. All the Italian officers keep it that way.

I would be very surprised if the same coffee is not used on all if Carnival's ships.

I was on the Valor just a few weeks ago, I found the lido coffee to be quite strong and a little bitter. I ended up cutting it with a half cup of hot water and it was drinkable. The coffee from room service wasn't as strong for some reason and was pretty good actually. Maybe they don't make as much at a time, idk.

Same reaction. I like strong coffee but the Ecstasy must be serving up the same brew as you had. Too strong, bitter. Of course I drank it anyway......but it was not what they usually have on the Lido.

Cheryl, if you can get your mini-coffee-pot on board then more power to you. This is something that I really wanted to do for our Oct. Legend cruise as well but with all of the crack downs I really don't think I will even attempt this. I really like my own brand of coffee which is the 50/50 and it is not available in the new coffee bag style. So I will just make due with the ship's coffee and doctor it up a bit.

This is my plan: I am going to order 2 carafes of coffee from room service each morning. One regular and one decaf. I will also order a glass of skim milk. I am will then mix several tablespoons of my non-fat powdered coffee creamer into the skim milk and use this instead of high fat coffee creamer. The ship has Splenda so I will add this as well.

There is nothing worse than bad bitter coffee first thing in the morning. If you can't get your coffee pot on board then maybe you can just bring your favorite mix ins on board to help the coffee out a bit. Good Luck to you. Please post back and let us know if you got your pot on the ship.

Cari

DH says I'll drink anything called 'coffee' and he must be right.

I didn't think there was anything wrong with the coffee on the ship. :D

Like my coffee like my women, hot and stout!

I also bring along a non-dairy creamer powder like Coffee Mate or Cremora (I buy the store's own brand). I find that seems to make the coffee taste better. Works better than cream or half&half or the liquid. But I've enjoyed the coffee sold at the cafe.

I too cannot stand the coffee on the Lido deck - usually have a pot of coffee from Room Service every morning, and that gets me thru the day.

With all of the crackdowns on "household items", you really don't want to mess with a coffeemaker from home being confiscated by Carnival/Port employees. I am planning on bringing one of those single cup brewers where all you need is hot water, a "cone" filter (I think Melita introduced it years ago before the Keurig machine became all the rage), and a coffee mug:

p745.jpg

Best thing about it is that it's $5.99 ($2.99 if you only want the single cup coffee brewer), and it makes THE PERFECT mug of coffee!

You can purchase it at MelittaUSA.com, Super Target, Walmart, or your local grocery store.

Susan,

Thanks for your help. I am definitely going to look for this at Walmart or Target this weekend. I did pick up some Folgers tea bags as someone else suggested but I would like to try this.

We could order room service but we never know when we are going to wake up unless we are in port and need to hurry off the ship. I keep dreaming that one of these mornings we will sleep past 7 am.

I too cannot stand the coffee on the Lido deck - usually have a pot of coffee from Room Service every morning, and that gets me thru the day.

With all of the crackdowns on "household items", you really don't want to mess with a coffeemaker from home being confiscated by Carnival/Port employees. I am planning on bringing one of those single cup brewers where all you need is hot water, a "cone" filter (I think Melita introduced it years ago before the Keurig machine became all the rage), and a coffee mug:

p745.jpg

Best thing about it is that it's $5.99 ($2.99 if you only want the single cup coffee brewer), and it makes THE PERFECT mug of coffee!

You can purchase it at MelittaUSA.com, Super Target, Walmart, or your local grocery store.

--

Susan, You Rock !!!! Thanks for the GREAT Tip. Cari :)

Archived