Upgrade At Dock

gquest

I am sailing on the Carnival Valor on March 6, 2005 and I have been checking the status of the cruise at least once a week. The price of this cruise has gone up significantly, since I booked and there still appears to be plenty of rooms, in almost all the categories. I have already found my room number (2478) using the book modify method discussed on this board and I was wondering what my chances were of getting upgraded further. I called my TA about upgrading to a balcony, from a 6A gty, and she told me it would cost me an additional $400 per person to upgrade (wow). Questions:

• Is it possible to ask for an upgrade at the dock for no additonal cost, if the ship does not sell out?
  • If I wanted to upgrade to a balcony, can I expect it to be cheaper at the dock, if the ship is not sold out?
  • Do you guys think this ship will sell out with 34 days less to embarkation?

Thanks in addvance for all the help....

IIs it possible to ask for an upgrade at the dock for no additonal cost, if the ship does not sell out?

No.

If I wanted to upgrade to a balcony, can I expect it to be cheaper at the dock, if the ship is not sold out?

Generally you can expect to pay the difference between what you paid for your cabin and the brochure rate for the upgraded cabin. This is probably a moot point as you will more than likely see the "No Upgrades Available" sign posted at the Purser's Desk.

They will have already upgrade the gtys to the best cabins so they will come back and get the better cabin the next time.

sls

Gee -- I hope you're right!! I'm about 33 days out and still are listed as a Guarantee. A call to our PVP last week didn't yield any info on the cabin number -- she said that we wont know till we board where we'll be -- So I guess that booking 6 months out didn't do any good! hahaha ..

SKeighley: You're travelling same day I am -- which ship are you going on? How have you fared through these Massachusetts snow storms lately?? :D

Jay

We booked OV GTY and got our cabin assignment about 6 weeks out. There still was over 100 cabins open last time I looked, but fro what I am hearing if you get a cabin assignment early thats it. Oh well Riveria aft here we come.

Gee -- I hope you're right!! I'm about 33 days out and still are listed as a Guarantee. A call to our PVP last week didn't yield any info on the cabin number -- she said that we wont know till we board where we'll be -- So I guess that booking 6 months out didn't do any good! hahaha ..

SKeighley: You're travelling same day I am -- which ship are you going on? How have you fared through these Massachusetts snow storms lately?? :D

Jay

I think all of us from Massachusetts deserve two cruises after the winter we have had. Hope to see some locals on the Glory on 3/5!

Jay

Jay, are you sure you're looking in the right place for your cabin number...(once you have your reservation in front of you on carnival.com look click the "modify reservation"....)

I'm sure you already know this...but I didn't see my cabin number until I went deeper in and clicked that modify link....they should have you in a cabin 30 days out.....

I'm sailing on 3/13 on the Valor (coming from Boston as well). I booked one of the guaranteed interior rooms and see that I'm assigned to Riviera 1465. That's the absolute last room (back of the boat) on the bottom deck. this will be my first cruise, can anyone tell me if that's a real bad room?

I'm sailing on 3/13 on the Valor (coming from Boston as well). I booked one of the guaranteed interior rooms and see that I'm assigned to Riviera 1465. That's the absolute last room (back of the boat) on the bottom deck. this will be my first cruise, can anyone tell me if that's a real bad room?

Valorcruiser....while it's not the BEST spot on the boat, you will still be fine. Pehaps you might hear a little engine noise, but overall you'll be fine. The lower decks, from my experience (6 cruises) tend to be a little louder - not very noticible if you've never been on a cruise before and a lot smoother....at the bottom of the boat, you are more stable than at the upper levels....the higher you go, the more swaying the boat will do...(not that it sways much anyway)....so belive it or not, you will be fine. Plus...if you think about it...you will be out of your cabin most of the time anyway, checking out the sights...hitting the ports...

If you really get that miserable, you can always go to the pursers desk and tell them...they migth be able to accomodate you...but my guess is for that week (spring break) the boat will be pretty crowded.

I've been on the 1st floor (at the bow/front) before...only thing we heard out of the ordinary, were the anchors dropping while at port.

Archived