Dual voltage nebulizer

stretchcruz

OK, I'm lazy.....I did a little search but I figured you guys would know more. I got great answers on my questions regarding my laptop, hairdryer, etc, so now I know to look and make sure my appliances are dual voltage. Silly me, I like to think I am very healthy (and I usually am, except when I have an asthma attack), so I have a nebulizer and meds that I take wherever I go, and rarely have to use them. My nebulizer is not dual voltage. Anybody with a similar problem know of a good (ie:cheap) website where I can buy one?

Thanks, all....in Oct I almost did not take my nebulizer and meds because I was so healthy for so long....then a day into the cruise I was in the Zuiderdam hospital getting IVs of steroids, breathing treatments, and I was so glad I had brought it. The ship's doctor thought it was the humidity (I live in AZ).

Too much info, I know....

I'm off to bed as I am up at 5 for work, thank you all for any answers!!

I'd go to an asthma support website and ask. I don't know that a voltage converter would be a pproblem, but the fact that Europe uses 50Hz and we use 60Hz might be a problem for the motor. That's a question . . . possibility, not a certain fact.

Have you looked for a small portable, battery neb?

Hi,

Please make sure that indeed you do your homework. My daughter in law has CF (cystic fibrosis) and last summer she went to Ireland and purchased a converter before she left, when she plugged it in in Ireland to her nebulizer it blew up the nebulizer. I believe she needed a transformer device because the machine was so powerful. I'm sorry that I am such a nit wit about these things but she ended up having to go the the hospital in Ireland for treatments which she needs twice a day and had to wait for 2 days for one to arrive at their hotel before she could continue their vacation. In Ireland they said that the general population does not have access to this machine (socialized medicine) and so getting access to one in case of a emergercy may prove challenging for you.

Best of luck!

Janet

I don't think that anyone has mentioned that you will need a plug adapter. This plugs into the foreign outlet and had US inputs for your voltage converter. You can buy a set of worldwide adapters at any Walmart. Some modern foreign hotel have US outlets already but some don't. As I remember England and Europe have different plug ends. Willard

Archived