Freeport & Key West Excursions

houston_four

We are traveling to Key West in August on the Carnival Conquest. I was looking to book a snorkel excursion through http://www.bestonkeywest.com. I feel safe doing that because it wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit if I got left behind in Key West :p.

Anyone used this company or have any recommendations for a good company to use for snorkeling trips?

There's also http://www.bestonbahamas.com which I was looking to do some snorkeling in Freeport. Anyone used any other company for excursions?

We are traveling to Key West in August on the Carnival Conquest. I was looking to book a snorkel excursion through www.bestonkeywest.com. I feel safe doing that because it wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit if I got left behind in Key West :p.

Anyone used this company or have any recommendations for a good company to use for snorkeling trips?

There's also www.bestonbahamas.com which I was looking to do some snorkeling in Freeport. Anyone used any other company for excursions?

"Best of Key West" is kind of a catch-all under which other companies advertise and make their tours available. I'm not sure it would be better or less expensive to book through them or through the companies directly.

Under snorkeling:

-the snorkeling adventure looks like Fury

-the Looe Key day trip is Sunny Days and they have a special on their web page

-the dolphin / shipwreck is the Echo II

-Rum & Reggae is Fury

-Reef Express is also Sunny Days

-Cruzin' Cat is Sunny Days

You might want to compare prices on their web pages, and even search for a coupon or discounts for booking on-line vs booking through Best Of.

hth

Pjk

"Best of Key West" is kind of a catch-all under which other companies advertise and make their tours available. I'm not sure it would be better or less expensive to book through them or through the companies directly.

Under snorkeling:

-the snorkeling adventure looks like Fury

-the Looe Key day trip is Sunny Days and they have a special on their web page

-the dolphin / shipwreck is the Echo II

-Rum & Reggae is Fury

-Reef Express is also Sunny Days

-Cruzin' Cat is Sunny Days

You might want to compare prices on their web pages, and even search for a coupon or discounts for booking on-line vs booking through Best Of.

hth

Pjk

Yeah I figured that out. There's about a $10 price difference. Thanks for the info, all of them are safe companies to go out with right?

Yes, all reputable companies. Fury would be the least expensive for a simple morning or afternoon snorkel trip out to the reef, but they cater to the cruise ships and can get crowded, over 100 people. A similar trip and type of boat would be the Sebago...

http://www.keywestsebago.com/

Pretty much the same price but fewer people. They moor at the Key West Bight, 10 -15 minutes walk from the docks.

Pjk

Yes, all reputable companies. Fury would be the least expensive for a simple morning or afternoon snorkel trip out to the reef, but they cater to the cruise ships and can get crowded, over 100 people. A similar trip and type of boat would be the Sebago...

http://www.keywestsebago.com/

Pretty much the same price but fewer people. They moor at the Key West Bight, 10 -15 minutes walk from the docks.

Pjk

Good deal, I'd rather go with fewer people, you get more enjoyment out of it. Thanks for the info.

Archived