Grand Caymen or Cozumel?

jewelmick

I am going with my daugher (8 who is half fish).....who I want to do the Snuba with...I wish they had special Certs for gifted kids, she is SSI Ranger. I also want to do a 2 tank dive myself. Is this possible? can I scuba while she snubas?

I am having a hard time with the planning....there is just the 2 of us. I hate to leave her on the ship all day. If I can do something close....I was think of doing the wall dive early in Cozumel and then hanging out with her the rest of the day? and doing snuba or snorkel with her in Grand Caymen. Does this sound like the best plan?

When are you going? If you are going the week of May 31st and can't book something with your daughter, I have someone that will take just the 2 of us in Grand Cayman diving. As of right now, I have to book with the cruise ship as I am the only one going. The owner of this dive shop is good friends with the shop that I got certified through in Florida.

terri

Bruce,

The problem is RCCI must use a tender to get us to shore. The dive shops leave at 9:00. I can't guarantee that I can get off the ship and to their shop by 9:00. 1:00 won't work as we leave at 4:00. Usually RCCI lets off the people that booked tours through them, then others. I am afraid to book, not be able to get to the shop by 9:00, no dive and out money????

terri

Bruce,

The problem is RCCI must use a tender to get us to shore. The dive shops leave at 9:00. I can't guarantee that I can get off the ship and to their shop by 9:00. 1:00 won't work as we leave at 4:00. Usually RCCI lets off the people that booked tours through them, then others. I am afraid to book, not be able to get to the shop by 9:00, no dive and out money????

terri

that is a valid point.

Hi there. just got back from my cruise last week and dove in both places. I can tell you that the dive in Cozumel took 4 to 5 hours. It started at 9 and we got back to the ship between 2 and 3. By the time you get back onboard and pick up your daughter, not sure there will be much time left. We departed at 4 pm and had to be back onboard at 3:30. Great shopping at the little shopping village at the pier though. Just don't plan on doing much after the dive in Cozumel. Did the dive in Grand Cayman and didn't see any Snuba peopel around. She might just enjoy a good snorkel around "Sting Ray City" if you haven't been ther before. Good luck. Have Fun

Did you take into account the ships time and island time are not the same?

I was in GC a few months ago and we were off the ship and at the dive shop by 7:30 local time. In the water by 8:30, did 2 dives and they dropped us off back by the pier by lunch I used Ambassador Divers

Archived