Steakhouse/galley tours???

martyap

Are there still free tours of the Steakhouse kitchen or galley??? I know space is always limited. Where and WHEN do you sign up? My grandson (7) loves to watch the cooking channel and he'd get a kick out of the "behind the scenes" tour. We're on the 6/20 Pride......

There is a galley tour but, it of the main galley and not the steakhouse galley. Time and date will be listed in the Fun Times. If you do the 'Behind the Fun' tour you will see both galleys as well as the crew galley - and you will see them in a lot more detail.

There is a galley tour but, it of the main galley and not the steakhouse galley. Time and date will be listed in the Fun Times. If you do the 'Behind the Fun' tour you will see both galleys as well as the crew galley - and you will see them in a lot more detail.

Do you know if they permit photography?

Lately most ships do not have a tour of the galley.

Have never seen a tour of the steakhouse galley. Sorry.

Does that include the platinum galley tour? We got to do that last xmas on the Spirit.

I was on Carnival Inspiration in November and I never have seen it listed in the daily bulletins... Josef "Supercharged" announced it at dinner one night. My stepdaughter is going into culinary university so she and I went.

I took about 20 (at least) pictures of the galley, but first Josef "Supercharged" (LOVED HIM!) gave a talk first and explained how we get our meals delivered to us and so on (and why it is important if at all possible to be on time). Then we got to go into and through the galley.

One group of guys saw me taking pictures, and so they hammed it up for the camera:

InspirationCruise11-21-2009104.jpg

Pay attention--I have never heard of or seen it advertised (maybe I missed it?) but if you get to go, it's VERY fascinating! One of the highlights of our trip :)

Yay two different answers.... :D

Does anyone know if I can contact someone ahead of time and if so whom to both possibly schedule and or get the low down on picture taking?

Does anyone know if I can contact someone ahead of time and if so whom to both possibly schedule and or get the low down on picture taking?

You cannot take pictures of the galley on the 'Behind the Fun' tour because they take you to some highly secure areas during the rest of the tour. You do get a picture taken in the galley by a Carnival photographer that you get later for free though.

I've never been on the free galley tour because I never saw it 'advertised' in the capers but I imagine that you can take pictures there because it's the only place you're going, not to the more secure areas too.

You cannot take pictures of the galley on the 'Behind the Fun' tour because they take you to some highly secure areas during the rest of the tour. You do get a picture taken in the galley by a Carnival photographer that you get later for free though.

I've never been on the free galley tour because I never saw it 'advertised' in the capers but I imagine that you can take pictures there because it's the only place you're going, not to the more secure areas too.

Thank you for the clarification. So its probably best to attempt to contact CCL to see if there are various tours and which ones you may be permitted to take pics on or not on my particular cruise.

Thank you for the clarification. So its probably best to attempt to contact CCL to see if there are various tours and which ones you may be permitted to take pics on or not on my particular cruise.

Just take your camera with you. If you cannot "do" photography, they will tell you before you begin the tour, but if you really feel the need to contact Carnival, go ahead :)

I didn't take my pictures covertly... there must've been 20 people taking pictures in there--we took pictures of EVERYTHING in the galley (I have more than 6 or I would share them).

If it just a galley tour, then YES you can take all the pictures you want.

If you are taking the Behind the Scenes Tour, then NO, no cameras are allowed. The BTS tour takes you to the Bridge and to the Control room. That is the only 2 places that also has a security guard with you on the tour.

I was on Legend last year and was privileged to attend a tour of the galley for Truffles Dining Room. We were allowed to take pictures. There were several groups doing the tour. I'd say there were a total of 200 people...

Yes, the workers in the galley love posing for photo opportunities!

photo.jpg.17a7f472b72c0a86ddf8a1d0e9ce54e1.jpg

Archived