Cruise Fares for 3rd and 4th passengers...

Starry Nights

I am just beginning to research a cruise for our family for summer 2011. We were hoping to get one Concierge Class room for ourselves and one Ocean View room for our two adult daughters and our 4 year old granddaughter.

The price for my granddaughter as a 3rd passenger will be $1599. :eek: Are people seriously spending that kind of money for a third person in a room?

I am just beginning to research a cruise for our family for summer 2011. We were hoping to get one Concierge Class room for ourselves and one Ocean View room for our two adult daughters and our 4 year old granddaughter.

The price for my granddaughter as a 3rd passenger will be $1599. :eek: Are people seriously spending that kind of money for a third person in a room?

How long is the cruise? I just looked for my 7 nighter and a third person would be only $399. For our 10 nighter last December a third person was $799.

How long is the cruise? I just looked for my 7 nighter and a third person would be only $399. For our 10 nighter last December a third person was $799.

The cruise is 14 nights. The rate is for the 3rd in an Oceanview or an inside.

I was also looking at a cruise in the Caribbean for 10 nights, and the 3rd person fare was $1299 in a 1B. Granted, the cruise is over Christmas, but my granddaughter will only be 3 at Christmas, and those fares just don't seem family-friendly at all.

The cruise is 14 nights. The rate is for the 3rd in an Oceanview or an inside.

I was also looking at a cruise in the Caribbean for 10 nights, and the 3rd person fare was $1299 in a 1B. Granted, the cruise is over Christmas, but my granddaughter will only be 3 at Christmas, and those fares just don't seem family-friendly at all.

Ah, Christmas cruise, yeah they'll gouge you. Someone will pay it if you don't and they know it.

Holiday cruises are very expensive. A traveling 3 year old and a 40 year old are the same fare. Doesn't seem fair, but some claim that they take up the same bed and dirty the same dishes, towels etc etc etc.

Keep checking around or contact a travel agent, maybe they can get some better pricing for you.

Good luck.

That's one of the problems with summer cruising. Highly inflated prices. Our November cruise 11 nights $799 for a third person and I've seen 10 nights for $599, but those are fall/winter cruises.

One of my DD's is a teacher, so we only have summer, Christmas and spring break as options. That's why we've never taken a cruise as a family yet.

Prices for 3rd/4th must have really gone up then since our son went to college in August 2007. We always had to cruise during school vacations or the summer and I don't remember the cost for him in our cabin being anywhere near $1,600

I'll have to go back and look. We did 13 night Meditteranean, 14 Night Baltics, 10 night Alaska, so we did very high end cruising along with the 7 night Coastal California, 7 night Eastern Caribbean and 10 night Southern Caribbean. But $1,600 seems outrageous. I'm sure we didn't pay anywhere near that.

Prices for 3rd/4th must have really gone up then since our son went to college in August 2007. We always had to cruise during school vacations or the summer and I don't remember the cost for him in our cabin being anywhere near $1,600

I'll have to go back and look. We did 13 night Meditteranean, 14 Night Baltics, 10 night Alaska, so we did very high end cruising along with the 7 night Coastal California, 7 night Eastern Caribbean and 10 night Southern Caribbean. But $1,600 seems outrageous. I'm sure we didn't pay anywhere near that.

That's why I'm sort of in shock. The last time I really looked at 3rd person pricing was in 2007 when I went to Europe on a 14 day cruise with my younger daughter. For a while, we were thinking of bringing a 3rd person, and the cost for her would have been $599 in a Concierge Class stateroom.

The price has to be inflated due to the Christmas season. My husband, son and I sailed on the Summit last summer (July) 12 night Med. Cruise (Barcelona to Venice), and we stayed in Concierge Class, and the cost for my son was only $999.

The cost for the 3rd person on the Eclipse midsummer 2011 is $1586 (cruise fare, taxes and port fees).

On the other possible itinerary on the Eclipse in early July 2011, the cost for the 3rd person is $1736 (CF + TX + PF).

WOW!!! Thank goodness we were able to cruise with our son before these prices or we would have never gone anywhere. Hopefully after he graduates college next year he can start taking us on cruises!!!

I hear NCL has pretty good 3rd party prices, but not sure of their itineraries.

Good luck.

Archived