room location

mushu11756

The GTY means guaruntee.

The short version is that you are either looking at or already booked into a category 9 stateroom, which I beleive are one of the rooms that has a porthole.Id have to look to be sure.The GTY means that at the very least your room will be in a cat 9.You just dont have a room number yet.There is a slim chance that you may move up 1 or more categories to a better or higher category, but definitely not down.

Something I just thought of, if you are booked into a room, in a cat 9, somewhere between a few weeks to a couple of months prior to your cruise, youll get a room assignment. You can tell right away if you moved or not by Cabin number. The first number generally means the deck the cabin is on. The remaining 3 are the actual room on that deck. A cat 9 room would be like 2144. Deck 2 room 144 (Just made the number up. Not shore if it actual corresponds to the ship)or 1144 Deck 1 room 144

An 8 would be 5xxx 6xxx or 7xxx.

Cat 5,6,7 (Balcony rooms)would have the same deck number as the 8s

Can someone tell me how they contact you with the room number? Also, is there any way to change rooms prior to the cruise on a GTY if you hate it? I'm guessing that it is a slim chance but I was wondering if it was even a possibility.

Usually theres at least 2 ways that I know of. If you go to Disneycruiseline.com and log in, you can pull up your info for that cruise and have the room number on it.The other way is that when you get your docs, it will have the room number on them. Assuming that the ship is not full, there shouldnt be a problem changing rooms. If the ship is full, you may be stuck.

This is what it would look like if you have a gty, where it says gty, there will be a number at some point before you cruise.I think the last time we got our room number about 2-3 months before we sailed.

My Reservation

Only 150 days until your cruise sets sail!

Cruise: 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise Ship: Disney Magic Sail Date: October 16, 2010 Stateroom: Deluxe Stateroom with Verandah Category 06, #GTY

Archived