Wedding at Grand Old House-on beach-question!

Hi there. We are getting married in July in Grand Cayman at the Grand Old House. We've decided to do the Beach ceremony as we'd like to keep it low key (and low price) but we aren't able to use the Bridal room because I guess they reserve it for brides that are using the deck or gazebo. So, I had seen on here some suggestions a while ago about a salon very close to the Grand Old House where you could get your hair done and then get dressed there. Is anyone familiar with this? I can't find anything now!

Thanks so much for any help!

Hi there :)

Did you book it yet? and if so did you book it through the cruise line or thru GOH directly?

here is a thread you might get some info from link

I did an advanced search for Grand Old House looking on just the wedding boards. There was a lot of info there but that link should get you a good start on your search.

They also talked about the "Trash the Dress" photos a lot - so many people loved them at this location. I looked at a few and they do look wonderful. I am just not sure I could go through with it with all the nightmares I had getting my dress.

Best Wishes

I am getting married at the GOH May 20011 and i know for a xtra $100 you can rent out the bridal room and $85.00 and up for up do's i have a price list with alot of xtras. I cant wait! good luck if you have any questions maybe i can help

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there again. Yes, we did book The Grand Old House already. We were going to do the gazebo or deck, but decided on the beach, so we can't use the bridal room unless it is not being used by someone else. We have to wait and see. That's why I wanted to figure out my options. I don't really care about getting my hair done, but if it gives me a close place to change that would work! Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I had my ceremony at Smith's Cove - corrdinated through GOH.

I arrived via cruise and did all my prep on the ship so that when we arrived and said our hello's we got right down to business! :)

Are you going for a more traditional wedding where the groom doesn't see you prior to the ceremony, or is that not important?

Archived