Balcony Guarantee?

EmmaPeel

Does anyone have any experience (good or bad) with booking a balcony guarantee on Carnival? I have booked this category for our 4/10 sailing on Pride, but I have read some bad experiences with guarantee cabins on the forum. So...now I am wondering if we should juts go ahead and pay to upgrade now? Thanks!

Well so far I am super pleased! It could change I guess but not likely- we booked a balcony guarantee for our 3 day Miracle sailing. We appear to have been upgraded to a quad 9A. Very exciting! I think the issue with gurantees is if you really want a balcony and book a 4A guarantee, and then get a 4C- you will be bummed. In my book, any balcony would be just fine! How bad could could it be? And, then, you might get upgraded. What would you want to be upgraded to?

We also are booked in a balcony gt on April 10th. The Carnival Rep. stated she would put us in a quad cabin. Is that different than others. Does anyone know which ones are quads. Nothing about it in brochures. Can't wait to go. 68days and counting down.

I also booked a Balcony Guarantee on the Pride for April 10th. As long as we have a balcony we will be happy and the Costco rep that I booked with suggested this to not only save a few $$ but also have the opportunity to be upgraded. Most people say that you will only be upgraded to a better deck but I know people who have been upgraded from insides to balconies and from outsides to suites. Whatever we end up with, I am sure we will be happy as we are first timers and won't know any different. See ya'll in April!!

Balcony guarantee is the best and cheapest way to go...I have booked 8A balcony guarantees twice and were upgraded to a 9A and 8I on our 2 cruises on the Victory. We are cruising on the Legend in March and I booked a 7A Obstructed Balcony guaranty. Just checked via the Book/Modify method and noticed we have been upgraded to a 8F. Will always book using "guaranty"...By the way I have also booked inside guranty's (for my children) and each time they were upgraded and Carnival made sure their cabin was right across the hallway from our Balcony cabin each time.

Archived