Orient beach

My family is cruising for the first time this summer, going to St. Maarten. So many people have suggested going to Orient beach. I am leary about going there because of the clothing optional beaches. Is there a part at this beach that is not as bad?? Or should we go to Little Divi beach?? Also what section has the water sports and which activities does it include??

We have been to this beach twice on cruises (as recently as last month on the Oasis) and I have only seen one woman topless, walking along the beach. Not to worry, the gorgeous section of the beach that the cruise excursion visits is not in the midst of nude sunbathers.

my husband really wanted to visit this beach, and I told him what I expected, but he wanted to go anyway. when you get to the beach, if you go to the right, most people are nude. (there is a big billboard sign telling you so) many middle aged men, drinking beer at the waters edge chatting, with white butts.. not the tall, blonde, young, shapely women my husband was hoping for! :) but all different shapes and sizes...

We were comfortable there, but it was just the two of us.

If you go to the left, there are tons of lounge chairs and umbrella's to rent for the day, and occasionally you'll see a woman topless. it was a beautiful beach though. (the day we were there, it was a little too breezy for me)

hope that helps!

my husband really wanted to visit this beach, and I told him what I expected, but he wanted to go anyway. when you get to the beach, if you go to the right, most people are nude. (there is a big billboard sign telling you so) many middle aged men, drinking beer at the waters edge chatting, with white butts.. not the tall, blonde, young, shapely women my husband was hoping for! :) but all different shapes and sizes...

We were comfortable there, but it was just the two of us.

If you go to the left, there are tons of lounge chairs and umbrella's to rent for the day, and occasionally you'll see a woman topless. it was a beautiful beach though. (the day we were there, it was a little too breezy for me)

hope that helps!

There are a number of threads on this, and I have given this info before too but here goes. We did the excursion through RC, it is great. Took two kids, 11 and 12. Nice air conditioned bus, good tour guide, when you get to the beach you go straight to your private section with lounge chairs and umbrellas (the umbrellas are a few bucks extra). Great water sports including parasailing which we did, awesome. Two drinks and lunch (which is really really good) is included. We saw NO NAKED people. My 11 year old looked, believe me, although he was more interested in goofing around and telling his friends he saw some "naked old guy". But none, nada, no naked people. We were told where the "nude beach" section was, it was waaayyyy down the beach, we didnt go there and no naked people seemed interested enough to walk our way. Cant say it never happens but didnt to us....

As I said we did the excursion -- loved it -- and they told us the name of the beach was Waikiki (sp?) like the in Hawaii. I think each of the areas is named, whether officially or not. Anyway, it was great but based on other posters I think the key is going on an excursion and not on your own if you want to not "see naked people." Have fun, you are going to love it.

My family is cruising for the first time this summer, going to St. Maarten. So many people have suggested going to Orient beach. I am leary about going there because of the clothing optional beaches. Is there a part at this beach that is not as bad?? Or should we go to Little Divi beach?? Also what section has the water sports and which activities does it include??

you want sunset beach. :D it can get a little noisy

IMG_6111Medium.jpg

IMG_6118Medium.jpg

IMG_6349Medium.jpg

Archived