Canadian cruise with 7 and 9 yo?? would they enjoy it?

I have been thinking about taking the Carnival Glory in July or August. Has anyone done this cruise with kids. Would it be fun for them?? Are the pools open?? My son is 7 and my daughter 9.

Thanks

We are taking this cruise in June; from reading these boards, it should be a hit. We are renting a car and exploring the Fundy trail in Saint John, and doing a Peggy's Cove/city tour in Halifax. My boys are 12 and 6.

The weather seems to be best in July and August, but appears to be "iffy" regardless. The stern pool can be covered if it is cold.

I don't know where your itinerary takes you, but it is summer here in July August. Is should be fine for pools and shore excursions. It doesn't snow or get really cold other than rain in those months. I know it can be over 100 f in the eastern provinces in August....

I have been thinking about taking the Carnival Glory in July or August. Has anyone done this cruise with kids. Would it be fun for them?? Are the pools open?? My son is 7 and my daughter 9.

Thanks

My kids were exactly that age when we went to Halifax for the first time. Take them to the fort. It's a walk, but worth it. They have live re-enactments and kids love it.

Viv

My kids are 7 and 9 and we are leaving on a HAL cruise to that area in just over a month. I've researched all the posrts, and there is a lot for them to do there. They are especially looking forward to the Maritime Museum and Citadel in Halifax, the Anne of Green Gables tour in Charlottetown (we rented the made-for-TV movie and watched it) the lobstery hatchery in Bar Harbor, and the Louisbourg Fortress outside of Sydney, NS. I've come up with great things to do at the other ports as well, but these are the things that have piqued my kids' interest (before we leave home).

IMHO, pretty much any cruise is good for kids. You just have to keep their interests in mind when you are touring ashore. We've brought our kids all over the world, and they always love cruising!

Archived