average age & weight

I am a large woman. I am sorry I am gross in the eyes of many. I do the best I can. I would NEVER call anybody gross. I know many prejudge me because of my size - but if there is anything more ugly that prejudice – I would love to know what it is.

I totally agree, Yarlenna! Great post!

Me thinks you just made my point, thank you ;)

No he didn't. That woman is the right weight for her height. Know anything about BMI? Look it up. We're still not talking UNDERweight there.

Look what Bothofus above said. I wish I could be like that and not care but I do..ugh. I hate that about myself.

I thought Oasis had a very interesting mix. Yes, there were quite a few overweight and older people, but a lot of young families and younger folks as well. I remember two girls in particular, who were probably in their early 20s, who could've been supermodels, they were so beautiful and skinny. But there were also quite a good number of overweight people in scooters. Every time i saw the skinny girls, they were stuffing their faces with food! I was envious! I used to be "skinny," but then had to start taking meds that made me gain weight and it really stinks. Even when I exercise and eat right, I still can't lose weight. But I'd rather that than being in the hospital. It's just one of those things.

I lived in a sorority house in college with anorexics and bulimics. It was horrible and not anything to joke about. My roommate was naturally skinny and was accused of doing cocaine because she was so skinny. It was horrible for her. Unless you've been in the situation, you can't and shouldn't judge.

You know, this thread has gone on and on about what the right weight is, judging other people and just good ole snarkiness.

However, we still have absolutely no idea what the OP was getting at with the question. :rolleyes:

You know, this thread has gone on and on about what the right weight is, judging other people and just good ole snarkiness.

However, we still have absolutely no idea what the OP was getting at with the question. :rolleyes:

It's a conundrum, wrapped in an enigma :D

First of all, everyone should really just start worrying about themselves. Second, I don't care if your fat, skinny, wheelchair-bound, whatever - just remember that as long as your happy and comfortable with yourself then that's all that matters. But if your not, you are the only person who can change it. And for those of you who think weight control is always as simple as carlories in vs burned - go to barnes and noble and start reading b/c you have got A LOT to learn. For those of us who that equation works for, count your blessings and thank whatever god you consider to be yours because life isn't that easy for everyone.

Moderator - this post should be removed. It's inappropriate, disrespecful and completely useless to past, present and future guests of RCI.

And by the way... during my last cruise I started the trip at 170lbs and ended it at 181. 170 is good for me, 181 is heavy - so I had the pleasure of being in shape pre-food and beer and 'fat' post food and beer. And let me tell ya - I enjoyed it just the same on Monday as I did embarking on Sunday.

i have to say that this is one of the craziest threads i've ever read. has anyone wondered what happened to the person who posted the initial question? i dont see one response in here from blkbetty but she surely instigated quite a fireball!

p.s. i love cats and biscuits!! hehe:D

Well I asked the question because im a little heavy, ok maybe meduim heavy and really wanted to hang at the pool and swim. I like myself but if there were only skinny people than there was no way I would go near the pool. I asked the question to really find out the make up of other swimmers. After reading the initial posts, I was shocked. One I felt bad asking (I am not a blogger) the question,two the tone of the responses were so that I quiet reading them. I just happened to skip to page three and saw your comment, hoping to find, I don't really know. So im skimming the last pages hoping to find a little comfort maybe. One thing I do know, I will never sail carnival cruise.

blkbetty

Trust me when I tell you, when you see some of the people onboard you will never be self conscience about your size ever again. I'm a big girl myself and I do everything on cruises. Swim, zip line, coaster (that was a tight squeeze), get massages, dance my booty off. I refuse to let weight stop me from living my life.

There is a good mix of people and they come in all ages and sizes and, seriously, no one cares. It's one of the reasons they don't let snarky teenagers in the Solarium.

My advice for fellow big girls: If you wear a 'swim dress' in the hot tub it will blow up like a baloon. lol

Hi BlkBetty, I'm 5'5" and have weighed 225 for a long long long time. I fit in quite nicely on all of our cruises and look rather petite next to many. As for wearing a bathing suit - you're on vacation on a cruise ship, what are the chances that you'll see any of the thousands of those people again?

Go For It!!!

Happy Sails

~ Liz

cats_chicken.jpg

If this was meant to be amusing, you missed the mark by a mile. DH and I have been involved in animal rescue for many years and it is just this type of mentality that we have to deal with, ESPECIALLY in Texas :mad: Humor about abusing animals and/or children is NOT funny.

Well I asked the question because im a little heavy, ok maybe meduim heavy and really wanted to hang at the pool and swim. I like myself but if there were only skinny people than there was no way I would go near the pool. I asked the question to really find out the make up of other swimmers. After reading the initial posts, I was shocked. One I felt bad asking (I am not a blogger) the question,two the tone of the responses were so that I quiet reading them. I just happened to skip to page three and saw your comment, hoping to find, I don't really know. So im skimming the last pages hoping to find a little comfort maybe. One thing I do know, I will never sail carnival cruise.

Blkbetty, I hope you spend as much time at the pool as your heart (little or big) desires. Make it a mental vacation as well as a physical one, and leave any bad feelings/worries about your weight home.

Its all a matter of perspectives. At 52, I felt a bit surprised at how many young people we saw on our cruise. Those same young people probably felt there were an awfult lot of 'old' folks.

Cruisers come in all ages, sizes, shapes, nationalities, etc.

Have fun,

Rachel

Archived