Question about 4 night "Destiny"

JWilsonTL

Does anyone know if they have a midnight buffet and/or the Captains cocktail party on a 4 day cruise ? Someone just got back from a 5 day cruise and said they didn't have either one. Is this true ? I don't want to believe it and would rather believe he was just to drunk to know what was going on ! :( Help !

Had both on my five day - but that was last year. We have always had both, but there have been some changes - might depend on when you cruised last. Hopefully someone will report back from a recent cruise - you've got me wondering too now.

Thank you so much ! I do hope someone who just recently went will know as well.....guess if all else fails when we get back then I'll post it to let everyone know....thanks though ! :)

Does anyone know if they have a midnight buffet and/or the Captains cocktail party on a 4 day cruise ? Someone just got back from a 5 day cruise and said they didn't have either one. Is this true ? I don't want to believe it and would rather believe he was just to drunk to know what was going on ! :( Help !
]

just got off the 5 night cruise, no midnight buffet, but they did have the captains cocktail party, however at the CC party, only $1.00 off drinks! We didn't go to that as we had our 2 small children with us. Hope this helps you out. We just sailed 2weeks ago.

PS-what an awesome cruise, boat, staff and food! Not 1 complaint! You'll love the Destiny! Looking to sail her again next year, we were so happy!

]

just got off the 5 night cruise, no midnight buffet, but they did have the captains cocktail party, however at the CC party, only $1.00 off drinks! We didn't go to that as we had our 2 small children with us. Hope this helps you out. We just sailed 2weeks ago.

PS-what an awesome cruise, boat, staff and food! Not 1 complaint! You'll love the Destiny! Looking to sail her again next year, we were so happy!

which nite was the Capt cocktail party? where was it held at ?

. . . I do hope someone who just recently went will know as well.....guess if all else fails when we get back then I'll post it to let everyone know....thanks though ! :)

I just today returned from the 4-nt Carnival Destiny sailing, so I think that should be 'recent' enough. :D :D

Friday (Key West day)

1:15 All guests back onboard

2:00 Carnival Destiny sets sail

5:00 - 8:00 Captain's Celebration ($1 off all drinks). Lobby 3 Forward, and Promenade 5

8:00 Senior Officer Introductions (Lobby/Atrium) Decks 3, 4, 5

Mexican Buffet up on Lido one evening (just prior to midnight). Looked kinda yucky, so I skipped it.

no, midnight buffet of any kind, other than one night mexican. Noooooooo!

This will be our family's 3rd cruise, first was 2007 Carnival Fascination, midnight buffets every night. Then 2009 RCCL Majesty of the Seas no midnight buffet except for one Midnight Gala/Show buffet. Last summer I remember reading somewhere that Carnival would never give up it's midnight buffet, like other lines had. But it looks like they have.:mad:

I just today returned from the 4-nt Carnival Destiny sailing, so I think that should be 'recent' enough. :D :D

Friday (Key West day)

1:15 All guests back onboard

2:00 Carnival Destiny sets sail

5:00 - 8:00 Captain's Celebration ($1 off all drinks). Lobby 3 Forward, and Promenade 5

8:00 Senior Officer Introductions (Lobby/Atrium) Decks 3, 4, 5

Mexican Buffet up on Lido one evening (just prior to midnight). Looked kinda yucky, so I skipped it.

I was on the same cruise as Don. Missed the Captain's celebration/intro/etc so not sure about that but did see it on the schedule as he has kindly shared above. But while walking around before and after I didn't notice there to be any free drinks etc, only the $1 discount.

The next night (Day 3/Cozumel) was the "midnight" mexican buffet (11pm-12:30am I think). I thought it was pretty good, lots of different kinds of salsa to sample!

Archived