Drinks package on IE

peterpan69

Hi all,

When I booked I was offered the drinks AI package at £547 for my whole Family for 7 days (2 adults 2 teenagers). We originally booked it, but changed our minds and cancelled it as we worked out that we would have to spend around £80 per day to get our moneys worth.

Thoughts?

Hi,

At the prices Thomson's charge for their drinks, if you were paying the full price for it you are better off buying drinks as you go.

Approx £3.00 a pint and last Dec. cocktails were about £3.20.

It's only worth it if you can get it for a reduced price like £69 each for adults maximum.

Berwyn

As we got our AI included when we booked last year ..I will make sure I get the most out of it :D

I did last year..1st year te IE had strongbow onboard..was in heaven :p

On a more serious note, the AI package can work out a lot of money if you have to pay for it..wasnt it about £375 pp pw :eek: you have to be one serious drinker to drink that amount?

Peter pan, enjoy your Holiday my friend, only 37 days for me and it's not my 1st time ...but still like a big kid waiting for Christmas :o

Hi all,

When I booked I was offered the drinks AI package at £547 for my whole Family for 7 days (2 adults 2 teenagers). We originally booked it, but changed our minds and cancelled it as we worked out that we would have to spend around £80 per day to get our moneys worth.

Thoughts?

How much!!:eek::eek: When did you book? That's the most I've ever seen.

Grab a couple of bottles of wine in port and drink them in the cabin. That cuts down a bit (get screw tops), also the wine of the day at around £12.99 is pretty good. It sounds pricey but we got 4 large glasses out of it. We were on deck 9 and had a fridge which was good for the cans of coke we got in town and the ice bucket was filled twice a day which was good. Nobody bothered about us bringing the booze onboard, so you can cut down the bill quite a lot. As we were off ship most days we didn't drink that much, apart from one ill fated night, and usually had a couple of large beers and a couple of glasses of wine. We had water and coffee with dinner. With the odd coffee and bought-in booze we averaged around £25 a night, not that we're cheap or anything. It depends how old your teenagers are, there's a big difference between thirteen and nineteen, they can buy their own drinks if they're older. That'll teach 'em.:D

Jan

How much!!:eek::eek: When did you book? That's the most I've ever seen.

Grab a couple of bottles of wine in port and drink them in the cabin. That cuts down a bit (get screw tops), also the wine of the day at around £12.99 is pretty good. It sounds pricey but we got 4 large glasses out of it. We were on deck 9 and had a fridge which was good for the cans of coke we got in town and the ice bucket was filled twice a day which was good. Nobody bothered about us bringing the booze onboard, so you can cut down the bill quite a lot. As we were off ship most days we didn't drink that much, apart from one ill fated night, and usually had a couple of large beers and a couple of glasses of wine. We had water and coffee with dinner. With the odd coffee and bought-in booze we averaged around £25 a night, not that we're cheap or anything. It depends how old your teenagers are, there's a big difference between thirteen and nineteen, they can buy their own drinks if they're older. That'll teach 'em.:D

Jan

Yes, they were very good at not noticing the alcohol we brought aboard :D

The only advantage of "free" or cheap A.I. is that the waiter will keep topping up your wineglass :D.

I agree with Jan, deck 9 is a handy deck to be on. Just below the Beachcomber 24 hour buffet and not far below the Sailaway Bar for the smokers, and the Lookout for the rest of us.

Berwyn

I think we are on deck 5 in an outside cabin. We went to great lengths to go for a picture window with an unobstructed view. Does anyone know if that deck has a fridge in the cabins?

Many thanks

Hi,

The boys were on deck 4 and they didn't have one. We had one on deck 9

So not sure which deck the start having them.

Berwyn

Hi Guys,

Hope you don't mind my crashing your thread. We booked two adults and two teenagers (16 and 14) on the Island Escape for the 21st October (this will be our first cruise and at the time of booking last August the drinks package was thrown in free). Being a total novice, I booked one cabin for the 4 of us but didn't realise just how small the cabins are until I saw one on youtube and I'm now thinking there's no way 4 of us can share one cabin. When I phone Thomson they want an extra £700 to have two cabins. I think it's probably worth it, any opinions?

Hi Guys,

Hope you don't mind my crashing your thread. We booked two adults and two teenagers (16 and 14) on the Island Escape for the 21st October (this will be our first cruise and at the time of booking last August the drinks package was thrown in free). Being a total novice, I booked one cabin for the 4 of us but didn't realise just how small the cabins are until I saw one on youtube and I'm now thinking there's no way 4 of us can share one cabin. When I phone Thomson they want an extra £700 to have two cabins. I think it's probably worth it, any opinions?

Apart from having more space, 2 cabins will get you the extra bathroom. Which can be handy rather than 4 of you trying to wash and get ready for dinner or in the morning.

Berwyn

£700 seems a lot on top of what you've already paid. As I've already found out they fix the price for everything when you book and that could be why it seems a lot but it wouldn't do any harm to double check.

Regarding the cabin, if you've ever been in a touring caravan the space between the beds are a bit similar but I wouldn't like to sleep under the pull down beds. You will definitely get in each others way with 4 in the cabin and as Berwyn said the bathroom facilities, whilst big enough for 2 could drive you mad with 4 sharing. Murder will be committed, especially with teenagers on holiday. Good luck :eek::eek:

Jan

£700 seems a lot on top of what you've already paid. As I've already found out they fix the price for everything when you book and that could be why it seems a lot but it wouldn't do any harm to double check.

Regarding the cabin, if you've ever been in a touring caravan the space between the beds are a bit similar but I wouldn't like to sleep under the pull down beds. You will definitely get in each others way with 4 in the cabin and as Berwyn said the bathroom facilities, whilst big enough for 2 could drive you mad with 4 sharing. Murder will be committed, especially with teenagers on holiday. Good luck :eek::eek:

Jan

Hi Jan,

That's why we had 2 cabins in Dec. Us with the balcony and the boys down in steerage.

Apart from them rolling in at God knows what time and waking us up.

Berwyn

Hi Jan,

That's why we had 2 cabins in Dec. Us with the balcony and the boys down in steerage.

Apart from them rolling in at God knows what time and waking us up.

Berwyn

Our last holiday with our lads, they were 16 and 17, was in Newquay and they systematically set out to ruin it for everyone. Moody, sulky and totally obnoxious, well it gave them something to sulk about the next year when we sent them on their merry way and they had to pay for their own holiday, ha,ha. :D:D. We had a lovely time, on our own.:D

Jan

Our last holiday with our lads, they were 16 and 17, was in Newquay and they systematically set out to ruin it for everyone. Moody, sulky and totally obnoxious, well it gave them something to sulk about the next year when we sent them on their merry way and they had to pay for their own holiday, ha,ha. :D:D. We had a lovely time, on our own.:D

Jan

I remember those sorts of holidays. :eek:

Berwyn

33 days to!!:D:D:D. Been sunbathing today inbetween cutting the hedge. Lovely day for a change.

Jan

Was it warm enough. That wind coming in off the sea here was still going through you like a knife.

FIL says there's still snow up on Snowdonia mountains.

Berwyn

Was it warm enough. That wind coming in off the sea here was still going through you like a knife.

FIL says there's still snow up on Snowdonia mountains.

Berwyn

A few clouds but really hot when the sun was out AND no wind for a change.:D. A bit of rain tomorrow I think.:(

Jan

You both have good memories :D

Taking the michael again.:D I'll be thinking of you still waiting when I'm sat on the ship in 33 days time, lol.:D:D

Jan

Archived