Uncomfortable with the idea of Sanctuary!

redozdachs

[quote name='RickEk']Well, Cunard still uses the "class" system onboard their ships. If you can pay more, you get an exclusive dining room and some more amenities... pay for "Queens Grill" and you'll also get a butler...[/quote]

I was thinking about this too. And also those garden villas on NCL. from what I understand, the passengers who have booked those get first priority with booking the restaurants -- and from what I heard the alternative to the restaurants is the buffet, which doesn't seem to be in the same league as the Horizon Court. And a reason I want to stay away from that cruiseline.

The Sanctuary seems to be more like the spa, Sabinitinis, etc. More of a choice that has nothing to do with which category cabin you have. Hubby once treated me to a massage at the spa, but in all honesty, the experience was wasted on me. Just like eating in the specialty dining rooms as I'm not a foodie.

[quote name='stretchcruz']I think a really BIG problem is that the indoor pool on Princess used to be "adults only"...NOW, they let families with screaming and jumping children in. I really have to wonder if it is to force those of us who want shade (melanoma history) to have to pay money to go to the Sanctuary. On our most recent Sapphire cruise we hung out at the Lotus Spa pool...but no cover, only 10 chairs...and had to be sure to be on the "no sun side"...and 10 chairs???? Before Princess decided to let children take over the indoor pool, there was no problem. Now, the only people in the inside pool are those who don't mind screaming running children...we tried it.....used to be our "sanctuary"...but no more. I even tried bringing ear plugs to wear but the screaming and jumping and running overrode the earplugs.
We are Elite on Princess, but this really does not sit well with us. I am not going to spend lots of money to be able to have some shade with no screaming kids.[/quote]

[quote name='stretchcruz']TimesPrince, unfortunately on the Sapphire the indoor pool was completely taken over by children in March. We used to feel as you did, but once Princess decided the indoor pool was "family" as well, the screaming children tend to outnumber the quiet adults.[/quote]

Hmm, I seem to remember that the covered pool on the Sapphire on our Alaskan cruise in 2004 was not restricted to just adults. If it was indeed an Adults Only pool, there certainly wasn't any signs. But then it would have been cruel on that cruise, with many of the days in the 60s and either misty or rainy, to not allow kids in that pool (and it was definitely too cold to make them use the outdoor pool). I do remember that the pool by the spa was adults only, but it wasn't the indoors one.

Cruisinchick, I think they made an exception for children on Alaskan cruises and in inclement weather back then. I know for a fact that on all of our other Princess cruises (over 20 ) the indoor pool was adults only....when it abruptly changed we sent an email to them asking why and got the usual "it is what the passengers want" response. I'll ask my husband, I believe it happened during the past couple of years. I know for sure it wasn't in effect in 2005 on our trip to Hawaii (the worst as far as kids, security was called many times to kick the kids out of the indoor pool and jacuzzi, and their parents were not happy about it even though there were signs). Arguments ensued...."these are MY kids and I PAID for their cruise and they can be WHEREVER they want!!!" I remember that date because it was a big birthday for me and those folks in the indoor pool were awful. I'd have to look back on my notes for other cruises, but I do believe it is just the past couple of years that they decided to exclude adults without children from the indoor pool. (My point of view, obviously).

Archived