Carnival Glory question

I was on it in February on the cruise right after it was in drydock. It was in pretty good shape.

It looked like there was a lot of stuff for kids to do, but I don't have kids, so can't say for sure. One of the additions during drydock was a new kids' club/section. (Another addition was the adults-only Serenity decks, which you could use to get away from your kids.)

We were on her this fall, pre-drydock, and I didn't notice anything shabby looking even then. We had a large group with us, from 2-86, including quite a few kids, and everyone had a great time. Not that we relied on the ship or crew to solely entertain them, but between the ports and Camp and the facilities, they had a blast.

I think it all depends on the time of the year you're on any cruise ship as to how many kids are aboard. I was on the Glory in late Sept. and saw very few kids. I'm sure there will be a lot more during summer cruises. I loved the Glory. I wish I was aboard her right now instead of sitting at this desk.... sigh!

I have kids, I love kids (I'm a child care provider) and even *I* wouldn't cruise in the summer time when the ship is overrun with kids.

We went the week after Thanksgiving and there were enough kids to keep the kids (all age groups) entertained (maybe 20-25 kids per group that attended Camp), but not to make us feel like we were vacationing in Romper Room.

Has anyone been on the Carnival Glory lately??

What kind of shape is it in and is there alot for the kids???

My husband and I just returned off Glory April 25th. Thinking that spring break would be over and there would not be many kids.....not correct:rolleyes: there were around 900 kids:eek: and they seemed to have a great time. We stayed in the grown up areas. Heard lots of noise in hallways at night!

The ship was in ok shape, still alittle dated even after drydock but, still a great ship. We have sailed Princess 4 times and Disney once so, we were use to higher standards but, the prices are higher on those ship so, you do get what you pay for! Would sail Glory again:D

I havn't been on the Glory, but I will be in only a few days! I am 14 (hopefully I can get into club o2, considering I am currently in high school), and I can check out the kids areas for you if you are sailing after me. I will make sure I post my reviews though!

I was on the Glory last week and enjoyed it. The only real complaints I have with that ship are:

1.) The dining room is in the middle of the ship so many times we'd be walking from one end of the ship to the other end and we'd come to a dead-end when we reached the dining room. Since the lobby level is deck 3 we'd have to go up 2 flights to bypass the dining room and then head back down 2 more.

2.) The dining area on the Lido deck would get too crowded. When there were long lines, there wasn't much room between the lines and the beverage stations. Also the omelet station was in quite possibly the worst spot and lines couldn't form there, so it ended up just being too congested.

They said there were over 700 kids on board, but I really didn't see too many of them, so I assume that there's plenty for kids to do.

I just got off the Glory on Sunday. I think the ship was in very good shape. It seemed like they were always cleaning something! The new big screen is great and we didn't really run into any long lines foodwise, but we didn't eat up on the lido too often. The only horrible line we ran into was the line to tender to Half Moon Cay. Most of the service on the ship was great, but we did run into a couple of grumpy waitpeople at breakfast and a very grumpy bartender one morning up by the main pool. The bartender at the aft pool was awesome and we ended most nights up there. The serenity deck was nice but pretty crowded. The aft pool and hot tubs ( which weren't really very hot) were the least crowded when we looked. She is a great ship and you will have a wonderful time!

Archived